Bug: Jumps to top of note after showing encrypted text

Not sure if this is the right forum for reporting bugs in the Mac desktop app, but it's been a somewhat recent regression...

If user is scrolled down a very long and lengthy note, finds some encrypted text, and chooses to decrypt is.  They are then taken to the top of the note and are forced to scroll all the way back down to actually view the decrypted text.  SUPER. ANNOYING. 

Version 6.1 (452118 App Store)

Macbook Pro, running OS 10.10.5

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but there you have it.  Let me know if there are any other details I can provide that might help. 

Thanks!

. Abby

• 3 months later...

I'd like to echo my frustration with this behavior, too.  This is something that was introduced in release earlier this year.  Previous versions behaved as you'd expect.  Searching a note for text and then decrypting hidden text would not reposition the note back to the top.

Mac OS X Yosemite and Mac OS X El Capitan.
Evernote Version 6.3 (452832 Direct)

Is there a better place to report this as a bug so it can be seen by dev and/or product mgmt?

• Ex Employees

Hi there, thanks for reporting this. 

This is a known issue that our development team is already working on. I'll add this thread to the report so they have the information, and will follow up here when we believe the issue is resolved. 

Archived