Geolocation for notes in Evernote Web?

• Level 5*

Hi.  How will the web client know where you are?  Mobile clients have GPS and local network towers to drive location.  Your network connection will go through a server that might be a substantial distance away.  You could always have a standard location added to your notes with something like Phrase Express - I have hotkeys that apply different date formats depending on what sort of log I'm creating,  but you could use the same concept to add "Location: Home" or "Location: Studio" to your notes very quickly.

There is now a browser feature that allows a web application to access the user's location. I've just tried on Bing Maps for example and the location is quite accurate (and there's no server nearby). If Evernote doesn't already do that, I don't think it would be very hard to add.

• Level 5*

OK - it's a good feature request,  but Evernote are looking at new OS's from both Windows and Mac and a continuing legacy of bugs and requests from the last several updates - it may not be hard to do,  but it might take them a little while to schedule it in....  we'll have to wait and see.

Archived