Editing imported note

I have imported 2 word docs to Evernote in Ipad.  They weren't created in Evernote.  But I can't find a way to work on them,  edit them or add to them.  They are listed in my notes by title,  but all I can do is open and read original draft.  How do I work on them?

Thanks -- yes,  can do that in word on my Macbook.  But I exported document to my Ipad so I could take it on trip and work on it then.  I had choice to open in Evernote or Pages,  and I chose Evernote.  I can open,  but I can't edit or add to it.  I can in Pages,  but I am trying to get my docs into Evernote. So I guess there's no way In Evernote to edit a document once it's been imported. Thank you

• Level 5*

Evernote holds any file as an attachment to a note,  and those files can be opened and edited by any software that is capable of doing so - mindmaps can be opened on any device with a mindmap editor app,  spreadsheets the same.. and Word documents.  Evernote offers you editing of note text and annotation of pictures (amongst a lot of other things).  It can't also offer word processing / spreadsheets / mindmaps as part of the same software.

Archived