Email not arriving

anejs

Hello. I am not receiving email sent from my Gmail account into my EN account. What to do? Yes, I'm using the correct mail address. No, they don't sit in my spam folder. Yes, I installed upgrades. Yes, I have a Plus account. Thanks a lot. :) Anette

• Level 5*

Thanks for a coherent and succinct query! :)

Have you tried sending from any other email account into your Evernote account?  Do other addresses work and its just Gmail that fails?

How long have you waited for the emails to arrive?  The process isn't instant,  but if some mail server somewhere has an issue it can be delayed...

Could you be exceeding -

• the maximum daily number of 200 emails?
  • your note size limit of 50MB?
  • you monthly upload limit of 1GB?

Hi there. Thanks for a quick response! I've waited approx 1 hr. I've tried sending from two different email accounts. My Outlook and my Gmail account. I've sent about 6 emails today. I signed up for EN Plus earlier today. Not exceeding the limits you suggest. I restarted my computer. And I went to the bathroom... :) Maybe just wait some more? Anette

• Level 5*

Ah.  Plus users get email - basic users do not.  Your problem may be that your account has not yet updated the email status.  Try online via a web browser and check your account status via https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action

If you haven't shown up as a Plus subscriber yet,  submit a CS support request by choosing "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

If you go by the website you'll get an instant acknowledgement and ticket number - post that here and we can get an admin to have a look at the issue for you.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
17 hours ago, Pawps said:

I recently switch my primary email account on my Premium subscription.  Now the "send copy" of my notes for sharing doesn't work.  I send an email and it never arrives to my inbox or anyone else's. 

Hi. I'd suggest you contact support on this directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

- it's all stuff that happens on Evernote's servers,  so users like us can't really offer any suggestion as to what may have gone wrong.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Pawps said:

I recently switch my primary email account on my Premium subscription.  Now the "send copy" of my notes for sharing doesn't work.  I send an email and it never arrives to my inbox or anyone else's. 

You might look in your "Junk" mail folders.

• 4 weeks later...

All of a sudden I cannot receive emails from any of my email accounts. This has not been a problem until now. I even reset the email address. I received a confirmation email with the new email address from Evernote, saved it into my contacts, deleted the old email address just in case, and have been testing with simple emails to no avail. The clip functionality in my Outlook works fine but test emails do not appear to arrive.

• Level 5*
On 11/12/2016 at 9:58 PM, Samcro said:

All of a sudden I cannot receive emails from any of my email accounts. This has not been a problem until now. I even reset the email address. I received a confirmation email with the new email address from Evernote, saved it into my contacts, deleted the old email address just in case, and have been testing with simple emails to no avail. The clip functionality in my Outlook works fine but test emails do not appear to arrive.

Hi.  The Outlook clipper doesn't have anything to do with sending emails to your Evernote email address - I find it a faster method of getting information into Evernote than sending emails to my account address though.  How are you sending these emails?  Individually as you go through your inbox?  By Outlook Rule?  Do they appear in your 'sent' folder?

• Level 5*
On 16/12/2016 at 11:19 AM, Karel Kilián said:

Hello. I am not receiving emails sent from my Gmail account into my Evernote account.

It worked two days ago, but now it does not works.

Hi.  Similar questions as above - are these emails sent individually from your account,  or by rule?  Can you send email into your account from another email service?

• 6 months later...

Hello, I recently got exactly the same error. I'm also on Plus, and it was working until sometime last week. However, e-mails to my Evernote account in the last 7 days haven't been received.

E-mailed notes from my non-Gmail accounts are fine (e.g. if I send an e-mail from my work address or from Live.com), however when I'm sending it from my edonn.com domain (which runs on Gmail), I don't get anything. I've submitted a ticket as well, but got an irrelevant response back regarding shortening my Evernote incoming mail address.

Any one have any idea how we might be able to fix this?

Ticket# 2141179

• Level 5*
On 7/7/2017 at 1:33 AM, edonn said:

Any one have any idea how we might be able to fix this?

If its an email issue of any kind,  then Support are the guys to talk to - they at least have access to the email server logs,  so can confirm whether or not your emails are getting through.  It is possible for you to reset the incoming address,  but I wasn't aware that it was possible to shorten it (unless they're talking about something like bit.ly).  You could certainly reset the address and see whether the new one works any better...?

Archived