(Archived) Tab Key Doesn't Work Anymore?

Anyone else notice that when you're typing in a note (desktop version), and hit the tab key, it doesn't behave as expected? i.e., it doesn't tab to a few spaces to the right. Instead, it seems to be the way to move yourself out of the note editing and into the search field at the top.

The cycle seems to be:

note you're edit -> search bar -> left panel -> notelist -> note panel (but not the note you were editing. Instead, if you type, you'll end up creating a new note.)

Anyone else notice that when you're typing in a note (desktop version), and hit the tab key, it doesn't behave as expected? i.e., it doesn't tab to a few spaces to the right. Instead, it seems to be the way to move yourself out of the note editing and into the search field at the top.

The cycle seems to be:

note you're edit -> search bar -> left panel -> notelist -> note panel (but not the note you were editing. Instead, if you type, you'll end up creating a new note.)

Yes. Actually, that has been the documented behavior (but not the real behavior) in earlier versions of EN. It also matches the on-line Help for EN 3.0 Beta (that the TAB key moves you between panels).

I have never used the TAB key in the past because I never knew what it was going to do. Similarly, I have never used the (abandoned in EN 3.0 Beta) Forward and Back buttons in earlier versions of EN because I could never figure out what they were going to do.

Yes, I still want TAB and Shfit+TAB indented lists and outlines in EverNote (someday).

Archived