recover a note after sync

I've spent a few days updating a long note on Evernote on my Mac. Last night I got up in the night and added a sentence to the note on my iPad and went back to sleep. This morning the added sentence is there on all my devices, but the last few days of text are gone. I'm not a Premium member yet (and it won't allow me to upgrade from Plus to Premium), so I can't use History.

Anything else that might help get my work back? Or a way to make sure an edit on one device doesn't wipe out days of input?

Thanks!
John

• Level 5*

Hi. A lot of posts here are complaints from users who get asked to upgrade too often - I can't believe that Evernote would actively prevent you from doing so if you wish..  That's relevant,  because unless you have a device that hasn't yet synced the change to your one sentence and can copy a note from there,  or have a handy backup from which you can reload the original text,  the note history is about your only option.

The way to prevent this happening is simple - make sure you sync both before you start to edit on any device,  and after you finish.  That prevents out-of-date information being sent to the server as new data - as apparently happened when you added the sentence on your iPad.

Thanks! Doing that now (sync before edit).

As for the upgrade issue, there was a problem with my account. Someone in customer service reached out to me last night (Sunday of a 3-day holiday weekend) and repaired the account, allowing me to get to the history of my document and it looks like everything has been recovered and I have backups now.

Thank you to Evernote for getting me back into business!
John

Archived