iOS app feature request - start typing in title

CraigD

Idea

Hey Evernote Team,

Thanks again for your awesome product! I'm a long-time premium user. Would you please consider a simple setting in the iOS app that allows users to start typing new notes in the title?

I would envision the setting to be a toggle under General/Notes/"Start cursor on title for new notes", or "start typing in title".

That would save me so much time!

Thanks,

Craig

4 replies to this idea

There are some nice iOS 3rd-party apps that might do the trick for you. You can decide whether to include the first line of your note as the title... or not... and then you sync to Evernote. One such app I have in mind if SnapEntry. Lightweight, snappy, you can have preset tags and default notebooks. It's super fast... but, once again, it might solve the issue you have with the current iOS app. You wouldn't need to shift to the note title field, depending on your settings. 

Hey Evernote Team,

Thanks again for your awesome product! I'm a long-time premium user. Would you please consider a simple setting in the iOS app that allows users to start typing new notes in the title?

I would envision the setting to be a toggle under General/Notes/"Start cursor on title for new notes", or "start typing in title".

That would save me so much time!

Thanks,

Craig

Or if the title is blank, use the first line of the note as the title. That is how Simplenote works, and it is very convenient..

Thanks for the feedback. Both those apps are paid apps, so I'm probably just going to go for the extra step unless you come across a similar free app. Still wishing the Evernote team would just add the setting to start the note in the title. Seems like an easy thing. Thanks :)

Please, one simple new feature that has been requested for over two years now. Most of us premium users who love this app but are frustrated by this poor user experience. The fact that people are having to figure out workarounds across all platforms would suggest it's an opportunity to make users *very* happy. Please. 

Archived