Can't access notes

I've written a lot of notes on my iPhone through Evernote in the last few years. I never noticed that I had an account, I just wrote notes in there. I did a backup and switched to iPhone 5, only for the app to ask me for a login. I didn't know of any login (or couldn't remember) and assumed by just making an account, I could access my old notes. Apparently not. The problem is that I know that my notes are in there, hidden somewhere in the memory or a backup, but if I ever made an account back then, it is with an email-address that no longer exist - which means I can't do the change-password-thingy or change my email-address to the one I have now.

Please help.

• Level 5*

Hi.  In case you hadn't noticed,  you are in deep,  dark trouble.  Provided you allowed your app to sync to the online server and save copies of your notes,  you may be able to retrieve most of them.  If all your notes were saved to your phone without any sync however,  you may have lost them all.  The only way to check is to check which applies is to contact Evernote to see whether they can find any account in your name,  and provided you can give them all the old email address(es) that you might have used,  and convince them that you are you,  they may be able to help.

Contact Evernote by choosing "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after clicking 'continue as guest' here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Archived