Text Encryption Issue

Im having an issue with encrypting text in notes...this actually happens across both versions of desktop EN for Mac & PC.  I'm using the "basic" plan of EN right now.  

When trying to encrypt text in a note, I can only use one password??  Its the password for an older note I have.  I have much older notes that have their own unique passphrase but for any new notes it won't allow me to create a new passphrase.  Is this a function of the new pricing tiers?  Is text encryption now a step up feature?

I get the standard box that pops up and asks to enter the encryption phrase.  But after entering the phrase, another window pops us and says "The encryption passphrase is different than the one you previously used to encrypt note content.  You can either a) try to enter the passphrase again or B) use a new passphrase (not recommended).

• Level 5*

Yup,  that's the fella - enter your new password there and it will apply.  You might want to start adding plain text password reminders to your notes though;  if you have several password options,  getting through to the actual content could get a bit messy.  Plus you'd never know if the correct password was wrongly rejected.  I think the 'not recommended' comes from the fact that there's no password management here - no system to provide reminders or prompts,  and absolutely no way to decrypt if the password isn't recognised.

I guess its working correctly.  The part that threw me off was when creating a new note w/new passphrase, EN would show the old passphrase hint.  Its kind of strange.  I just ran a few test notes and each note is working correctly with different passphrase and hints.  Its just strange that when creating a new note & passphrase it shows you the old one when they are completely unrelated.  Oh well....its working !

Archived