Shortcut request: 'Save and exit' on annotation window

• Level 5*

Hi.  SInce 'save and exit' is a critical operation and not one you can 'undo',  I'd imagine that good design requires actions that can't easily be accidentally reproduced on the keyboard.  The alternative would be to have an 'Are you sure?' Y/N step in there. 

Evernote has a hard time winning with these - Android users forinstance complained vehemently about the lack of an AYS step when deleting notes;  so Evernote changed the process to include an extra step.  At which point different users (at least I hope they weren't the same ones) complained that it took too long to delete notes and wanted the extra step removed. 

If you really want to change the keystroke required,  you might look at Phrase Express or AutoHotKey - but beware of accidental keypresses...

Hi.  SInce 'save and exit' is a critical operation and not one you can 'undo',  I'd imagine that good design requires actions that can't easily be accidentally reproduced on the keyboard.  The alternative would be to have an 'Are you sure?' Y/N step in there. 

Evernote has a hard time winning with these - Android users forinstance complained vehemently about the lack of an AYS step when deleting notes;  so Evernote changed the process to include an extra step.  At which point different users (at least I hope they weren't the same ones) complained that it took too long to delete notes and wanted the extra step removed. 

If you really want to change the keystroke required,  you might look at Phrase Express or AutoHotKey - but beware of accidental keypresses...

In most apps you can just assign your own shortcuts to whatever you want. It becomes your own responsibility. Evernote only offers a handful or keyboard shortcuts... It would be so useful if you can custom assign a keyboard shortcut to every single action within evernote. Just in the desktop apps of Evernote.

• 7 months later...

Archived