Update failures

I am running 6.0.15. When I try to update to 6.1 I get "Update Error! An error occurred while downloading the update. Please try again later."

post-267237-0-06176500-1440428538_thumb.

Any advice on what I need to do to fix it? I'll remove and reinstall if necessary, but I really don't like that idea. I may have installed the version I have through the App Store (although I was using Evernote before the App Store came along). Do I need to wait for the update to appear there?

• Level 5*

You could go to Evernote.com and download the update there, instead of going through the EN Mac app.

Quit EN Mac and the EN Helper menu, and then run the DMG file you downloaded to install the update.

• Level 5*

Any idea why this occurs in the first place. I routinely encounter such errors. I'm running a MacBookPro, 15", 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.10.5 and EN 6.01.

In the early versions of EN Mac 6, there were some issues with the installer/updater.

I believe these have been fixed.

So if you want to update to EN Mac 6.1, I think it should work well, and you should not see these update errors again.

BTW, there are a number of bugs in the version you're using, Ver 6.0.1.

Archived