Is Scannable required to use my ScanSnap?

GreyGray

I am planning on buying the Fujitsu SnapScan.  I already use EN, so won't be able to buy the bundle, and don't really understand why.  Do I now need this "scannable" thing" or will I be fine?  I assume there is some hot folder things gets scanned into that then go into Evernote?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  The -er- ScanSnap is a fine machine,  and if you get one you'll be able to apply the 'free' premium code (if that's what you're referring to) to your own subscription - just follow the instructions on the card.  If you have the 'normal' Evernote apps,  then you don't need Scannable especially,  though it does have its own development team (I think) so you might get better 'scans' from that app than you will from EN,  although it's designed to get documentation into a JPG or PDF as quickly as possible so in some ways is less flexible than your app camera function.  If you don't need it,  I'd save the space for the time being... the SS will devour any pages you have.  I bought an S1500 a while ago and it has eaten over 20,000 pages so far - best thing I ever bought!

:)

Also note that the Scannable app integrates with the Evernote Edition ScanSnap (but is not required). You can read more about the integration here: https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/01/08/scannable-new-mobile-scanning-app-evernote/

I didn't buy any special scansnap for Evernote, I could not understand the difference and assumed there is no way that Fijitsu made special hardware for EverNote.  So I have the ScanSnap ix500 Mac and PC Edition with additional software.  It works great, but the preference area in EverNote is still greyed out even when in active scanning mode.  I am connected to it over wi-fi and have not looked at what the preference panel looks like when USB connected.

How do I get the EverNote app to open up the prefs to the scanner?

• Level 5*

If you have the standard Fujitsu ScanSnap I'd imagine it came with ScanSnap Manager - software you install on the desktop to manage scanning processes.  You can also download this from the Fujitsu website.  ScanSnap Manager is how you deal with the scanner - your greyed out areas suggest you may have a wrong version installed...?

If you have the standard Fujitsu ScanSnap I'd imagine it came with ScanSnap Manager - software you install on the desktop to manage scanning processes.  You can also download this from the Fujitsu website.  ScanSnap Manager is how you deal with the scanner - your greyed out areas suggest you may have a wrong version installed...?

I downloaded the software right from the Fujitsu site, and they now have a new download that is a software updater app.  I ran that and it found some stuff to update.  As far as i know I am up to date. The scanner works, and there are mentions of EN all over the ScanSnap software.  I can scan directly to Evernote, which is like a drag and dtop in my opinion.  But EN does not see the scanner, at least not over wifi. I have not tried with USB.

Does someone have a working setup and can you post a screen shot of what the preference pane looks like when not disabled.  I want to see what the options are.  If it is just auto filing tuff  would not use it anyway.  I don't trust auto filing in EN or any app and will always manually file my stuff exactly where I want it, so I may not even want to use this feature, though it would be nice just to know that it is working as expected.

Thanks

Archived