Looking for one app to integrate with Evernote that does it all

bluesgeek

I've been using Evernote for about five years, and after trying to use it to manage GTD, I realize that in the way I approach it, my Inbox should be my email inbox. Almost everything I have to do comes through email. I don't find it convenient to send email messages to EN to create an action. I need seamless connection between email and projects/actions so that I can access the full functioning of an email database (with all conversation histories). But most of my note-taking needs to remain in EN, and all of my external files and web links for projects needs to be in EN, so I need something that will tightly integrate with EN notes and tags. I also need tight integration with contacts and calendar so that I can do project management with some moderate depth. It would also help if there was some level of CRM functionality. And it would also be great if there was some flexibility in configuration so that I could customize the app to my individual workflows.

I work on Mac and Windows desktops and use iOS and Android devices, so I really want functional cross-platform development.

I'm tired of messing around trying to stitch several apps together and doing double entry. I really only want one app to add to Evernote that together can do it all. I know this is asking a lot, but is there any one app that can do all of this?

IQTELL! This is the best productivity app out there. It integrates with EN in every way that you want. I guarantee that you will find it suits your needs and that it is perfect. Check it out at www.iqtell.com. You will not be disappointed.

ranjflam (Company Admin) 4 hours ago
Update 

1. Based on the huge support and responses we received on this forum, we are in the process of pursuing all options for continuation!
  2. Renowned VC option - These efforts includes getting a renowned VC to make an investment, not so much for the actual funding part (our current funding is still there), but more so, providing IQTell the recognition and the vote of confidence from a well-known investment firm. In which case, we would move our offices to a more prominent location and overall, will have it much easier hiring new talent, which is mostly where we're currently hurting!
  3. Evernote
  4. Yes, indeed, my vision all along, ever since I became aware of Evernote several years ago, I’ve been 100% confident that a combined EN-IQ solution would be the heaven on earth for all users who care to be organized, productive and get things done.
  5. This would be a great offering to the Productivity world, both for the Evernote users, IQTell users, as well as the rest of the worldwide users seeking the perfect productivity solution!
  6. Evernote and IQTell - Augmenting Evernote offerings with those of IQTell offers would mean embedding task-project management with integrated email client, calendar and contacts functionality within Evernote would result in a most effective all-in-one solution.
  7. A perfect option for many-many Evernote users and all existing IQTell users.
  8. Current status?
    1. Ever since I participated in the Evernote user conference EC3 in September of 2013, I have been trying to approach Phil Libin, then CEO of Evernote, as well as his executive team. I received no response even though I emphasized the benefits such a combination would offer to all users.
    2. Increase Evernote’s paid subscriptions - Throughout my correspondence with Evernote, I expressed my confidence that a holistic productivity solution will substantially increase the number of paying users.
    3. New Evernote’s CEO - Thanks to one of IQTell’s most active users, we were able to just recently renew our correspondence with Evernote, this time with theirnew CEO, Chris O’Neil who came over from Google. Hope to hear from Chris and his team, even if for the purpose of entering some initial discussions.
    4. Yes, you can help! - Write Evernote. You may also discuss your needs on theirDiscussions forum. Express whatever you desire to accomplish with Evernote and IQTell. This may indeed help!

All options are still on the table! 
Depending on the outcome of the next days, we may also consider delaying the scheduled shutdown. 

As always, we all appreciate your loyalty! 
Thank you all

Wh

IQTELL! This is the best productivity app out there.

Is that supposed to be joke?

IQTell will shutdown all its services at 5:00 pm Eastern U.S. time on September 16, 2015

While this is tentatively true as you can see from the update above, the owners of IQTELL are pursuing third parties to purchase the platform and keep it going. I am confident that it will continue. Just read the IQTELL forums to see the strong support

• Level 5*

I need seamless connection between email and projects/actions so that I can access the full functioning of an email database (with all conversation histories). But most of my note-taking needs to remain in EN, and all of my external files and web links for projects needs to be in EN, so I need something that will tightly integrate with EN notes and tags. I also need tight integration with contacts and calendar so that I can do project management with some moderate depth. It would also help if there was some level of CRM functionality. And it would also be great if there was some flexibility in configuration so that I could customize the app to my individual workflows.

I work on Mac and Windows desktops and use iOS and Android devices, so I really want functional cross-platform development.

I'm tired of messing around trying to stitch several apps together and doing double entry. I really only want one app to add to Evernote that together can do it all. I know this is asking a lot, but is there any one app that can do all of this?

I don't think there is *one* app that will do everything you ask.  So, most likely, you will need to decide what is the core, primary functionality that your need, that you use most on a daily basis.  Then, find an app that best meets that need, and try to finds ways to support your other needs not covered.

As I'm sure you know, Evernote does not really provide any serious project management or task management features.

If you are running a business or organization, then you may want to check out Apptivo.

It does everything you ask, except for tight integration with Evernote, and it is very reasonably priced.

They have several videos well worth watching to evaluate whether it is a candidate for your solution.

You can use Evernote to support Apptivo by creating Notes in EN and pasting links to the note in Apptivo in various areas.

I've been an Evernote user for years. It's excellent for me. But it needs IQTELL to enable fully effective GTD. IQTELL has made a shocking announcement about shutting down - but it's brilliant (and no, I'm not an employee!) so I, and many others, are v keen for something like Evernote to investigate a partnership or something like that.

I need seamless connection between email and projects/actions so that I can access the full functioning of an email database (with all conversation histories). But most of my note-taking needs to remain in EN, and all of my external files and web links for projects needs to be in EN, so I need something that will tightly integrate with EN notes and tags. I also need tight integration with contacts and calendar so that I can do project management with some moderate depth. It would also help if there was some level of CRM functionality. And it would also be great if there was some flexibility in configuration so that I could customize the app to my individual workflows.

I don't think there is *one* app that will do everything you ask.  So, most likely, you will need to decide what is the core, primary functionality that your need, that you use most on a daily basis.  Then, find an app that best meets that need, and try to finds ways to support your other needs not covered.

As I'm sure you know, Evernote does not really provide any serious project management or task management features.

If you are running a business or organization, then you may want to check out Apptivo.

It does everything you ask, except for tight integration with Evernote, and it is very reasonably priced.

They have several videos well worth watching to evaluate whether it is a candidate for your solution.

You can use Evernote to support Apptivo by creating Notes in EN and pasting links to the note in Apptivo in various areas.

Actually IQTELL does do everything that's being asked.

It's a lifesaver for so many people.

I know they announced it's shutting down, but the IQTELL community has persuaded the IQTELL brass to reconsider and it appears to be working. The more exposure we can get for IQTELL the better and the more likely it is to survive. I've been using both IQTELL and Evernote for about 3 years now and loosing either one would be a huge blow to my current workflow.

Scott

Thank you for the suggestion of Apptivo, JMichael. I see it is very good at CRM. (It appears that IQTell has some fundamental CRM value through its Prospects app.)

IQTell does appear to be a one-app solution to every GTD need I posted:

1) Email handling

Create an Action, Project, Ticker, etc from an email. The email gets archived for Inbox Zero. Opening the Action or Project, and the email is linked, along with the entire conversation. Option to send post the email to EN.

2) Tight linking of existing Evernotes to IQTell items. I can create Evernotes right from within the IQTell app and also have them linked to the IQTEll items. Evernote tags work within IQTell.

3) Calendar and Contact integration. I can link items to contacts and calendar events.

4. Apps for Prospecting, Agenda, Meeting and Phone calls

5. iOS, Android, and cross-platform web apps

6. Customizable to create my own "apps"

This would appear to meet my needs for having one app to work with Evernote to accomplish most of my needs. (I like that Apptivo can do invoicing, but I don't see it handling email—which is the most important thing—and working as tightly with EN as IQTell does.)

If IQTell is shuttering its windows, I need to ask, are there any other one-app solutions to work with EN in this comprehensive integrated manner? Is IQTell really the only one that does all this? As someone for whom EN is the most important every-day app/service, and who does not want to continue stitching together multiple apps with redundant data entry, this question is critical.

• Level 5*

I like that Apptivo can do invoicing, but I don't see it handling email—which is the most important thing—and working as tightly with EN as IQTell does.

Actually Apptivo does an excellent job of handling email.  

You can connect your normal email account(Exchange Server, Gmail, etc) to Apptivo using IMAP, and Apptivo pulls in all the email related to your Apptivo contacts, customers, vendors, and members of your business setup in Apptivo.  It even has email templates.  

So you can send and receive email for everything related in the Apptivo account.

Thank you, JMichael. Yes, I see it does email, and very robustly. According to the FAQ from 2013, if an email has no subject it won't come in to Apptivo. Do you know if that still the case? 

And to be clear, there is no Evernote integration with Apptivo? IQTell allows you to access, edit, move, tag, and even create Evernotes directly from within the app. 

• Level 5*

Thank you, JMichael. Yes, I see it does email, and very robustly. According to the FAQ from 2013, if an email has no subject it won't come in to Apptivo. Do you know if that still the case? 

There have been two major updates since 2013.

Apptivo just released Ver 6 a couple of months ago, so things may very well have changed.

But I'm not sure I understand how you get an email with no subject.  Even if you do, I would imagine this is a very rare occurrence.

There is no direct integration with EN.  The best you can do is to paste a EN Note link into the various records of Apptivo, most of which include a "notes" field.  If you happen to be using a Mac, you could write a short AppleScript and/or Keyboard Maestro macro to automate this process.

Hah, you would think, but I have several clients who habitually dash of emails with no subject. I know that I do it too from time to time.

I don't see Apptivo as a good fit for me, as I don't need heavy CRM features, but do need good EN integration.

On the IQTell forum I found this thread in which someone posted a spreadsheet they made comparing products and features. 

https://getsatisfaction.com/iqtell/topics/iqtell-alternative

Here's the spreadsheet. (He hasn't listed Apptivo, but it appears that he lets other edit the doc.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JCAzQ5f9ETGDhGZSUtecnq5at7AJw3BxSzP5E3h4lgo/edit#gid=0

When I eliminate the ones that don't have email clients or email integration, EN integration, AND iOS app... well all that's left is IQTell.

• Level 5*

IQTELL! This is the best productivity app out there. It integrates with EN in every way that you want. I guarantee that you will find it suits your needs and that it is perfect. Check it out at www.iqtell.com. You will not be disappointed.

@colinreid:

Please let me apologize for my earlier rebuke of your post when I thought IQTell was going out of business

Now that it seems clear they have the financial resources to continue, I have reviewed the capabilities of the IQTell web app and have to agree with your assessment.

Also, I earlier suggested that users look at Apptivo.  I still think Apptive is a great app for small businesses because it covers most, if not all functions a small business needs.

However, IQTell integrates extremely well with Evernote, and provides great Project and Task management.

So, for many users, IQTell would be great.

Please see my comments about IQTell here.

• 2 weeks later...

I use IQTell  because it links so many things together for me.  I can create meeting notes in Evernote (via IQTell) and then link them to the committee or project I need the notes for. I can link actions, add contacts, basically put my entire brain in there. I love putting all my docs in EN and keeping track of my tasks and projects in IQTell.

Archived