Evernote web is not supported on mobile browsers (reloaded)

polocanada

Idea

The design of Evernote web doesn't allow web browser at all. Previously there at least a crappy mobile version available.

Some 3rd party apps wont be much useful. For instance, PowerApp from Todoist allows sync with Evernote and Google Calendar and it works fine. However the resulting task links to online notebook which is not shared unlike in case of Cronofy for evernote, so I can't access the notebook unless I login into the EN account online. 

Todoist could have possibly fetched the link to the local EN notebook rather than the link to online notebook, but it's not the way it's intended, I guess.

Anyways, there are times when we may need access to evernote through online portal so some kind of support for primitive browsing device without evernote app would be still useful.

More to the topic discussed previously

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/80806-sorry-evernote-web-is-not-supported-on-mobile-browsers/

6 replies to this idea

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, we no longer provide a mobile version. We think, instead, that the best Evernote experience is via our mobile apps. Can you help us understand when you need a mobile web experience? You can still access the settings page directly, in certain scenarios for account management. 

Nancy 

Please check PowerApp from Todoist and how the application works on iOS. They link to web-version of the EN note. So on the phone, it's useless because I can't access it. Whether they should link to local version of the note in the Evernote iOS app is not the solution, since they have designed it that way, and there is probably good reason for it (e.g. so that when using device where there is no EN installed, it still links to the note on the web.

I think it's not about experience, sometimes we need access to our notes in emergency situation, for example when travelling, downloading the EN app locally or even refreshing the notes in the iOS app can cost easily $10-30 or more. So EN should have kept the previous mobile access as rudimentary as it was, but it had given me ability to access EN service in case of need from mobile device.

Obviously I an go around it by using perhaps Puffin browser and their proxy service, but that is maybe not the best solution.

Another scenario could be for some reason EN application doesn't work, it's crashing etc. You know it takes a few weeks to push updates through App store. If this happens, you will have hoards of disgruntled users complaining they are not even able to access notes on the phone when needed because the app isn't working.

Just a thought worth the explore because many of us consider EN part of our lives. So there should be access to information in emergency and not restricted by the whims of technology limitations.

From the Cronofy perspective, we're relying on the web URL, and subsequent deep link redirect to the app, as the most reliable way to link through to a note. My guess is that Evernote require the user to be logged in to allow that redirect to happen.

If there was another secure way of generating a reliable url to the note that would open the app or web depending on the state of the device we would happily use it.

On 21/08/2015 at 0:28 AM, nanphan said:

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, we no longer provide a mobile version. We think, instead, that the best Evernote experience is via our mobile apps. Can you help us understand when you need a mobile web experience? You can still access the settings page directly, in certain scenarios for account management. 

Nancy 

Hi,

I also need the mobile web-version of Evernote in order to use it on my office-issued phone. Recent changes in IT policy has disallowed the Evernote mobile-app to be installed on my phone. Hope this request can be considered.

Thank you.

Archived