Evernote won't open

I updated to mac os 10.10.5 and Evernote has not opened since. It will sometimes open, start syncing—apparently with trouble as the syncing symbol moves slowly—then crash. I've sent several reports to y'all. This is really a problem. 

Kevin

• Level 5*

OK, thanks.  You might try a simple app reinstall.

For this type of problem, sometimes a simple reinstall of the app will fix the problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

• Level 5*

OK, at this point I see two options:

1. If you are a Premium account owner, contact EN Support by online ticket and/or EN Support Chat
  2. Since EN Mac is not working at all for you now, you might try a clean reinstall:
    1. See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

• Level 5*

Probably, but I would verify that all of your Notes are safely stored in the EN Cloud by viewing them using the EN Web client at Evernote.com.

It depends on how cautions you want to be.  Some would recommend that you also backup your Evernote folder on your Mac.

If you don't have any Local NB on your Mac, and you carefully check the EN Web client, then you should be OK.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Archived