Formatting still blows I see.

Picked up EN again (blank) and starting to put stuff in there. I've been a "member" since 2012. First off, 60MB is still NOT enough and should have been raised by now.

Anyways, once reason I left EN and never bothered to pay for it was because the formatting in this thing is terrible.  Tried to copy a simple Excel table into EN and all formatting is lost and becomes a complete mess. Tried to copy the table from Excel to Word, then to EN and same effect.

Don't get me started on bullet lists. 

How are you going to make a notes app and can't get formatting properly? Yet, every other moment, EN is asking for me to pay for it?

It's too bad Onenote looks terrible on mobile (that desktop look doesn't fit phones and tablets too well). I wish EN engineers would stop making the platform available for every platform and work on fixing long standing issues. It's a shame this app hasn't improved in the basic tasks in the last 3 years. The new web app looks pretty though.  ;)

razeus:

Everything you say is correct. I can suggest how I work around the Excel issue. I use the "Share>Email>Send as PDF" function which creates a "pdf" of the Worksheet. While it can not be edited as a spreadsheet, at least for me that is a good thing since if I share it I do not have to worry about others changing it. It also results in a smaller file in Evernote plus looks good on my mobile devices.

Good work around. I'd like to continuously update update these tables though. This would work for some other stuff.

I remember a blog post from the CEO, in response to a rant from a blogger about its software being buggy, that they were going to improve the core functionality of the app. That was over a year ago. I see they have yet to make good on that promise. 

• Level 5*

Picked up EN again (blank) and starting to put stuff in there. I've been a "member" since 2012. First off, 60MB is still NOT enough and should have been raised by now.

The paid plans offer more storage.  EN Plus offers 1GB/month for only $3/month or $25/yr.

See Comparison of EN Account Types

Tried to copy a simple Excel table into EN and all formatting is lost and becomes a complete mess. Tried to copy the table from Excel to Word, then to EN and same effect.

What versions of OS and Evernote are you running?

Copy/paste of a Word table into EN Note is working for me in EN Mac 6.0.11+

The paid plans offer more storage.  EN Plus offers 1GB/month for only $3/month or $25/yr.

See Comparison of EN Account Types

Tried to copy a simple Excel table into EN and all formatting is lost and becomes a complete mess. Tried to copy the table from Excel to Word, then to EN and same effect.

What versions of OS and Evernote are you running?

Copy/paste of a Word table into EN Note is working for me in EN Mac 6.0.11+

I'm using the latest versions of all platforms and EN. I'll try this on my Mac at home, because it sure as heck doesn't work on my work Windows PC via web.

I ran out of space by adding 40 notes (web clips mostly and a few pdf's) so my 60mb went pretty fast. Still have 23 days left. LOL. Evernote Help on Twitter granted me a week of Premium so at can least fully eval the product before giving up $25/ year. Like I said, I don't see how 60MB is enough to get acquainted with the product.

Archived