Upgrading not possible - payment errors

mlu

Evernote - this tiny company with probably just a handful users, have chosen to use a weird and completely unknown payment gateway called Ayden. As one of Evernotes supportes wrote to me earlier when I had struggled for days to upgrade "At this time what I would suggest is that you reach out to your credit card company and have them authorize Adyen as a charge. This is ourpayment processor and it seems that some credit card issuers are not familiar with it, and mark it as fraud."

We use Evernote as part of our business concept, and strangely our customers do not understand why they are unable to perform payments using normal Visa and Mastercards trying various browsers: IE, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and clearing cache, trying in incognity modes, but almost always ends up with errors like "Unexpected error- please try later". Many customers simply give up and abandon Evernote.

Evernote is sabotaging its business by making it completely impossible to pay for upgrades, and make life difficult for us as our customers do not understand why we are dealing with such an inferior company that is not even capable of doing a simple thing a newstarted oneman Website can get up and running smoothless in a couple of days.

Shame on you. I have discussed this at length, and nothing happens.  GET A PAYMENT GATEWAY / PROCESSOR THAT IS REPUTABLE AND ACKNOWLEDGED WORLDWIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all of you who are unable to pay due to Evernote choice of the ***** Payment processor Ayden, here is the workaround: Pay via Paypal rather than choosing "Pay with credit card". Paypal seemingly have programmers who are able to make them collect payments via credit cards. 

Hmmn.  Adyen look like they should have their act together - https://www.adyen.com

I don't know what "act together" mean, but Evernote has over the past year proven their unwillingness to solve this massive problem that probably is only affecting some parts of the world. But quite frustrating as we have lost customers due to this, but fortunately have now found a workaround as Evernote is unable/unwilling to solve/understand the problem.  

• Level 5*

Just saying that Adyen seems to be exactly what it says - an established worldwide payment system.  Don't know where it comes in the top 100 payment systems,  or whether it scores at all,  but it seems like it should work..

I could also make a website and claim that I have worldwide coverage, and even recognised on Mars :) No, the brilliant supporter from Evernote wrote (direct quote): "At this time what I would suggest is that you reach out to your credit card company and have them authorize Adyen as a charge. This is our payment processor and it seems that some credit card issuers are not familiar with it, and mark it as fraud."

How smart is it that a company like Evernote chooses such a lousy payment provider? Certainly there must be some other motives than strictly business behind this choice. Perhaps Evernote have had a business seminar with the agenda "How best to avoid that customers pay for our services". Well done Evernote - mission accomplished :)

• 2 years later...

Archived