Feature request: Pop up when Reminders are due

Doc B

Idea

I can get an email in the morning, which is nice, but I was hoping that Evernote would pop up a little window when a reminder came due. I get a notification on my iPad but not on my Windows 7 Desktop.  (New user)

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Evernote Windows does provide a reminder notification but it is currently useless.  At the appointed time a message shows in the lower right corner very similar to the sync notice, but it is not persistent so unless you are staring at the screen when it shows, you will never see it.  This one falls into the category of things I can't believe EN has never added and it has been requested ever since reminders were added.  Without knowledge of the underlying code It is bad form to say that something should be easy to implement but I will go out on a limb and say that since they are already pushing out a notification, to change this to a persistent popup for the desktop clients shouldn't be too taxing and would be very welcome and make reminders much more useful for the desktop apps.

I'd like to bring this back to the forefront and request that the reminder pop-up in the Windows desktop client be a lot more noticeable. Currently it is all but impossible to notice the reminder when it comes up, especially if you're working in another application. I'd like it to be configurable so it's flashy and persistent so we can actually catch the notification of a reminder.

Thanks!

+1 for this feature request.

It's hard to justify why it was overlooked. I understand the mobile market is the big thing right now, but if Evernote wants to be sold as a productivity tool for the mass (i.e. primarily professionals running Windows), a good reminder pop-up like what Outlook offers is crucial. 

• Level 5*
On 11/03/2017 at 5:38 PM, XanderLo said:

if Evernote wants to be sold as a productivity tool for the mass (i.e. primarily professionals running Windows)

I don't think Evernote wants to be seen as a productivity tool,  or have any specific appeal to professionals or Windows users,  but I agree a better (i.e. louder and more persistent) 'alarm' would be a good idea.  However so far only 2 people have voted for this where other requests have 40+ votes,  so I don't think it stands very high in the priority listing just yet...

This is a great idea and kind of obvious I would think.   please reply and upvote this!  Linux has some easy popup apps that were always helpful to me.  would love to see it on windows desktop Evernote.

Archived