Local limitations of Free plan?

NephFirefly

I bought a new laptop yesterday and Evernote came installed on it. So far I am really liking what Evernote has to offer! But now is when I am starting to get concerned. I know for a free plan you're limited in terms of uploading, sharing, and so forth. None of that is really a concern to me. I back up all of my offline stuff on a regular basis, and I don't plan to install Evernote on any other devices, so the upload limit doesn't bother me, and I don't plan to use it for school/work. That aside, I am wondering what my limits are for personal use. For instance, am I limited with how many notes I can make, or how many notebooks I can have? Can I write as much as I want (over 60MB) locally? Are there certain features (not including sharing or web clipping) that I won't have access to if I stick with the free plan?

Thank you for your help!

Thanks, but that didn't answer my question. I'm looking to hear from actual users, preferably ones also using the free version, not see charts I already looked up. I understand it, but I am looking to know what I can do locally without upgrading, and how much I can store locally. Please see my questions at the end of my original post for examples of what I am looking to find out.

• Level 5*

I wasn't being rude, but I'm not going to be your research assistant and collate data that is available in the links I provided you.

We are all volunteers here, and our time is just as valuable as yours.

Each person is generally expected to do their own homework, their own research.

If you don't want to read/study the tables in the links I provided, then it is your loss.

I generally am glad to answer questions not in those links, or to help clarify.

But only after you have done your homework.

Have a nice day.

@NephFirefly - Glad to hear you've been enjoying Evernote! Answers to your questions below:

For instance, am I limited with how many notes I can make, or how many notebooks I can have? Can I write as much as I want (over 60MB) locally?

This article describes the overall limits for Evernote: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23283158Overall, you can make up to 100,000 notes in your account and have 250 notebooks (this includes both local and synchronized notebooks). However, you are not held to the 60 mb monthly data limit if you are creating local notebooks which do not sync to our servers. It sounds like you are already using a separate backup system which is great; since local notebooks don't sync to our server, we do recommend considering a regular backup of these notes should anything happen to your PC. 

Are there certain features (not including sharing or web clipping) that I won't have access to if I stick with the free plan?

The original link that JMichael posted should address all the other features that are not offered with Evernote Basic: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452. Let me know if you have any questions about specific features and I'll be happy to help out and elaborate if need be. 

@kgg Thank you for your response! I appreciate the straightforward answer to my questions :)

Regarding the features per plan, I am mostly looking to know if any of my toolbar items are going to get disabled on me. Since this came with my laptop, I don't know if Evernote does the immediate Free Trial of Premium plans like a lot of applications, and I don't want to start using a feature only to one day not have access to it anymore. If Evernote does not do the Free Trial thing, then I don't have to worry about it, but I don't know how to tell if it is or not.

Archived