Web Client Release - 8/12/2015 - Help reference, Saved Searches, Quota

nanphan

Idea

Hi everyone, 

Here's what's in the release that went out tonight. 

• Help and Transition - For those that are still getting used to using the new Evernote Web, we now have a full helper guide to ease you through the transition from the old version to the new version. You can find this link in the Account menu located at the bottom left of your screen under "Help and Learning". We also have a quick FAQ article that folks can access by clicking on "Learn More about the New Evernote Web" 
  • Creating and Deleting Saved Searches - For those who have not found the feature yet, we recently added back the ability to create and delete saved searches. Simply click on the search icon in the left navigation bar. You'll see a "Save Search" button once the search is executed. To delete a previously created saved search, hover over the saved search and click on the Trash can icon. 
    • ​Known Issues - We know of some issues with searches created from the Mac Client. These issues will be addressed in a future release. 
  • Updates to Quota for Premium Users - We've updated how quota works for our premium users. You can read more details about it here: https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/08/11/finding-the-perfect-fit/.

Happy Evernoting! Keep the feedback coming. We are listening. :) 

Features coming in future releases: 

• Copy notelink
  • Multiselect notes + core actions
  • Creation of nested tags

- Nancy 

13 replies to this idea

Nice feature.

Should mention that the "save search" button that appears following a search is over in the right-hand corner of the page.

Spent a while looking for it.  :D

The web beta getting better and better.  :)

Nice feature.

Should mention that the "save search" button that appears following a search is over in the right-hand corner of the page.

Spent a while looking for it.  :D

The web beta getting better and better.  :)

You noticed our bug. :) Very good, Glennie. We also noticed this prior to the release and it is already in the queue to get fixed in the next release. Thanks for reporting. - Nancy 

• Level 5

Hi everyone, 

Here's what's in the release that went out tonight. 

• Help and Transition - For those that are still getting used to using the new Evernote Web, we now have a full helper guide to ease you through the transition from the old version to the new version. You can find this link in the Account menu located at the bottom left of your screen under "Help and Learning". We also have a quick FAQ article that folks can access by clicking on "Learn More about the New Evernote Web" 
  • Creating and Deleting Saved Searches - For those who have not found the feature yet, we recently added back the ability to create and delete saved searches. Simply click on the search icon in the left navigation bar. You'll see a "Save Search" button once the search is executed. To delete a previously created saved search, hover over the saved search and click on the Trash can icon. 
    • ​Known Issues - We know of some issues with searches created from the Mac Client. These issues will be addressed in a future release. 
  • Updates to Quota for Premium Users - We've updated how quota works for our premium users. You can read more details about it here: https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/08/11/finding-the-perfect-fit/.

Happy Evernoting! Keep the feedback coming. We are listening. :)

Features coming in future releases: 

• Copy notelink
  • Multiselect notes + core actions
  • Creation of nested tags

- Nancy 

Hi Nancy,

since the web client now is officially out of beta I would like to share my opinion about it. When it first came out it was completely unuseable for my daily work. Most of the features of the old web client were missing or did not work in a productive way. It is still not completely up to the old client as far as productivity is concerned but it has become much better and since about two weeks I am using it most of the time and my experiences are not too bad.

To be optimal for my needs I would like to make the following suggestions/requests:

1. Add multi-note selection and note-merging. This is currently one feature I need and therefore I have to switch back frequently to the old interface.

2. Get rid of some of the unused white space. Yes, maybe it looks nicer but it is not productive. When I am using two 27" screens I don't want to have only the amount of text visible as when using my iPad. Especially, when using the fullscreen view I want more of the note visible and not the same as before. What is the whole point of fullscreen? Distraction free writing only? See what I mean here.

3. Bring back the feature to display a note in a separate tab/window. Yes, I can douplicate a tab and the use fullscreen but it needs more effort than via the context menu in the old client.

4. Bring back (at least as an option) the nice sidebar of the old client where one has a good overview over the stacks, notebooks, tags etc. One thing I realize when using the new client: Evernote doesn't work so well any more as my additional brain because I have to memorize much more in order to find a note quickly. When working with multiple notes I could work much faster in the old client.

Apart from these shortcomings I think Evernote has done a good job especially during the last few weeks. I really like the fonts the colors and the overall look. It is also quite responsive and writing feels good especially since the popup with the text settings disappeared.

Greetings from Stuhr in Germany,

Bernd

Hi Nancy,

since the web client now is officially out of beta I would like to share my opinion about it. When it first came out it was completely unuseable for my daily work. Most of the features of the old web client were missing or did not work in a productive way. It is still not completely up to the old client as far as productivity is concerned but it has become much better and since about two weeks I am using it most of the time and my experiences are not too bad.

To be optimal for my needs I would like to make the following suggestions/requests:

1. Add multi-note selection and note-merging. This is currently one feature I need and therefore I have to switch back frequently to the old interface.

2. Get rid of some of the unused white space. Yes, maybe it looks nicer but it is not productive. When I am using two 27" screens I don't want to have only the amount of text visible as when using my iPad. Especially, when using the fullscreen view I want more of the note visible and not the same as before. What is the whole point of fullscreen? Distraction free writing only? See what I mean here.

3. Bring back the feature to display a note in a separate tab/window. Yes, I can douplicate a tab and the use fullscreen but it needs more effort than via the context menu in the old client.

4. Bring back (at least as an option) the nice sidebar of the old client where one has a good overview over the stacks, notebooks, tags etc. One thing I realize when using the new client: Evernote doesn't work so well any more as my additional brain because I have to memorize much more in order to find a note quickly. When working with multiple notes I could work much faster in the old client.

Apart from these shortcomings I think Evernote has done a good job especially during the last few weeks. I really like the fonts the colors and the overall look. It is also quite responsive and writing feels good especially since the popup with the text settings disappeared.

Greetings from Stuhr in Germany,

Bernd

Thank you for the feedback.  As mentioned, there are some core feature sets we are continuing to work on including merge notes, multi-select, as well as efficient use of whitesapce.  Navigation continues to be an evolving feature for us and we understand the benefits of both the new and old client. Please continue providing us feedback and we'll continue to try to address these issues as best we can. Thanks for giving the new Evernote Web a second try. We definitely appreciate it. 

Nancy  

Hi,

I noticed some inconsistency with the delete button. As far as I can tell, it happens only with one note in my account.

On this note, the delete button does not appear on the note window, but it still appears on the note preview in the note list:

post-57314-0-28550900-1439908616_thumb.p

Compare to other notes, where the delete button appears in both locations:

post-57314-0-46142900-1439908599_thumb.p

As I said, I appears to be limited to only one note, and I couldn't find anything special about this note (I have other notes with checklists and the delete button is ok there).

Hi,

I noticed some inconsistency with the delete button. As far as I can tell, it happens only with one note in my account.

On this note, the delete button does not appear on the note window, but it still appears on the note preview in the note list:

attachicon.gifno_delete_button_on_note.png

Compare to other notes, where the delete button appears in both locations:

attachicon.gifdelete_button_on_note.png

As I said, I appears to be limited to only one note, and I couldn't find anything special about this note (I have other notes with checklists and the delete button is ok there).

Thanks for reporting this. It's likely a bug on our side.  Can you help me confirm a couple of items? For the note where you see the inconsistency is a shared note? If so, do you have write access? If it is not shared, was the note created in another application like Skitch or Hello? We may just not be hiding the delete button properly in the note list. 

Nancy 

• Level 5

Hello Nancy,

I would like to make one small suggestion and submit a bug report.

1. Suggestion

I very much like that when editing a note the toolbar containing font settings etc. is now on top of the note and not any longer available as a popup. But I think there is a small inconsistency in its design: The font settings on the right side of the toolbar actually belong to the ones further left, why not putting them there?

texttools.png

2. Bug report

Sometimes, when closing a fullscreen note the list of notes on the left side does not show all notes but a scrollbar is visible indicating that there are more notes than displayed. When I then use the scrollbar all notes reappear:

Before scrolling:

evernote_1.png

After scrolling:

evernote_2.png

I am using Firefox (39.0.2) under Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.4.

Hello Nancy,

I would like to make one small suggestion and submit a bug report.

1. Suggestion

I very much like that when editing a note the toolbar containing font settings etc. is now on top of the note and not any longer available as a popup. But I think there is a small inconsistency in its design: The font settings on the right side of the toolbar actually belong to the ones further left, why not putting them there?

texttools.png

2. Bug report

Sometimes, when closing a fullscreen note the list of notes on the left side does not show all notes but a scrollbar is visible indicating that there are more notes than displayed. When I then use the scrollbar all notes reappear:

Before scrolling:

evernote_1.png

After scrolling:

evernote_2.png

I am using Firefox (39.0.2) under Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.4.

Hello Stuhrer, 

Thank you for the feedback and the bug report. We have identified the issue. Can I ask if this happened recently and is still happening? We addressed some of the scrolling issues in a previous release and would like to make sure this isn't a recent problem. 

Nancy 

• Level 5

Hello Stuhrer, 

Thank you for the feedback and the bug report. We have identified the issue. Can I ask if this happened recently and is still happening? We addressed some of the scrolling issues in a previous release and would like to make sure this isn't a recent problem. 

Nancy

Hello,

I created the screenshots yesterday so it is the current release. It happens pretty often but I cannot tell how to exactly reproduce it. I tried to find some hints but was not able to. It looks like a refresh problem of the list which is solved when forcing a refresh by scrolling.

Bernd

[2015-08-21, UPDATE]: I just could reproduce the problem on my Mac using Firefox 40.0. So it is not related to the Linux version I am using for work.

Hi,

Thanks,

Works as advertised :-)

Question : Is it possible to send the saved note to the shortcuts ??

Thanks,

Pieter

HI Pieter, 

Sorry, not sure if I understand what your question, but are you asking how to create a shortcut?  Or was that a typo & you're asking about how to add a "saved search" to shortcuts.  You can add notes, notebooks, tags, and stacks, to shortcuts by clicking the "star" button available in the various list view on hover. If it's the latter, I do not believe saved searches can be made into a shortcut. I will look into it. Seems very logical.  :) 

- Nancy 

Hi Nancy, 

What I mean is, when I made a "Saved Search" what do I have to do to make this Saved Search a Shortcut

This is possible for Tags (works very  nice by the way) but I do not see this for Saved Searches.

- Pieter

Archived