Navigation not working

Stokke

Idea

Hello.

I've noticed some problems with navigation in the Windows version.

1. Navigation with Notebook links

Following links to notes and then using the navigation buttons does not work

For example, I select a bunch of new notes and create a Table Of Content (TOC). Click the first note, go back, click the second note, go back. Boom. I am not in TOC.

2. Navigation in Presentation mode

a: Between multiple notes

Creating this TOC came about as a workaround for loosing navigation between notes in presentation-mode. Typically I would have notes on a project I'm working on in a project notebook. Then I want to present some of these notes to show status or ideas or whatever, so I selected those and presented them.

But there is no longer possible to move to the next note.

It seems strange to expect that the idea here is that one would typically only want to present a single note. Especially since "Start Presentation" is still an option along with "merge" etc. when selecting multiple notes. Also if one wanted to use one giant note for everything, then why not just use Word. (At least there would be less problems with formatting ;-)

b: Buttons&Shortcuts

So a TOC was created as a starting point for the presentation. But after clicking the first link there is not way to navigate back to TOC. This is because:

1) there is not buttons for it, and

2) the keyboard shortcut that works in regular-mode (ALT+arrow) does not work in presentation mode.

6 replies to this idea

I'm agree. I'd like to use presentation on different notes at the same time and it's note possible. Seems that the Windows presentation mode is not as efficient as the Apple one. That's a shame because there is no pricing difference between those two.
Waiting for improvement.

Cheers !

Sed

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Anybody tried Ctrl + right- or left- arrow for changing pages in Presentation mode?

Up/down arrow for page scrolling in a note, Ctrl left/right arrows for changing notes.  My PC anyway.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, gazumped said:

My bad.  Poor choice of thingies..  words.  Interesting to know if any of that works though.. :P

Dive in, you can do it!  :P

16 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Anybody tried Ctrl + right- or left- arrow for changing pages in Presentation mode?

This is how it works. Let's say I have a group of notes that I want to view in presentation mode. One of those notes is a Table of Contents note. I can use UP and Down arrows to scroll through the particular note and Ctrl+right/left arrows to go back and forth between the groups of notes for as long as I want unless I click on any link in Table of Contents. But If click on the link in the above note it will bring me to the note the link points to, however the ability to use Ctrl+right/left arrows goes away. There is no way to come back to Table of Contents note. And there is no way to go forward. I am stuck on a note the link brought me to. The only way to regain the use of Ctrl+right/left arrows is to exit presentation and started again. And as Stokke mentioned, the Alt+arrows does not work in presentation mode. Evernote 6.5.3.4452 (304452) Prerelease on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Archived