Marking part of note as read-only (template)

Hi,

I would like to make/mark part of note as READ-ONLY word or sentences.

Belowe is sample note template. I would like to create some kind of protection from accidental remove of some crucial note part. So any words in attached image I would like to make read-only. Is it possible?

post-266042-0-10775200-1439188963_thumb.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that.

To clarify case further -> I don't want to make WHOLE note read-only. Only some words, like line headers or above example. To achive something like form. I understand that XHTML has those input/combobox entries are prohibited.

• Level 5*

I would like to make/mark part of note as READ-ONLY word or sentences.

The only way I can think of is to make a small screen capture of just the text you want read-only, and then paste that into the Note.

It will actually look like the other text, will be OCR'd and searchable, but obviously can't be changed (except by deletion).

Of course, you could put a border around the screen shot to emphasize that it is read-only.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone. 

It's been some tıme I had my eye on read-only notes. Today I reserved some time into doing this and created a simple web app.

It works like this: you tag your notes with a tag called 'readonly' and every five minutes, the system checks your notes and makes tagged ones read-only. You can subscribe to the service via : https://ro-app.run.aws-usw02-pr.ice.predix.io/

. Plese note that this is a 2-3 hour work and I will not maintain it in terms of look etc. It simply does what it promises to do. If there's a huge interest in the project I might allocate some more time into it, though. 

Cheers,
Onat

• Level 5*
On 3/31/2017 at 11:30 AM, onatbas said:

It works like this: you tag your notes with a tag called 'readonly' and every five minutes, the system checks your notes and makes tagged ones read-only.

Sounds interesting.  How do you make the Note editable again?

Would you mind sharing technically how you achieve this?
I use a Mac, and I might be able to do the same using AppleScript.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 2017-04-01 at 0:10 PM, JMichaelTX said:

Would you mind sharing technically how you achieve this?
I use a Mac, and I might be able to do the same using AppleScript.

I don't see an answer so here's what I'm working with

Setting read-only status by updating the database column contentclass as described in https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/read_only_notes.php

Setting contentClass makes a note read-only

I'm using Applescript to access the database
for example   do shell script "sqlite3 " & quote & targetDatabaseFile & quote & " " & quote & sqlText & quote

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
On 6/17/2017 at 7:36 PM, DTLow said:

Setting read-only status by updating the database column contentclass as described in https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/read_only_notes.php

Thanks, @DTLow.  That looks interesting/promising.

• 3 years later...
On 6/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, DTLow said:

I'm using Applescript to access the database
for example   do shell script "sqlite3 " & quote & targetDatabaseFile & quote & " " & quote & sqlText & quote

Hey @DTLow, mind going further into detail about how to actually find the database folder?   I know I have to set the contentclass, and now I know that the contentclass isn't in an .enml, but in the database.  And... I didn't know that there was a database!  So any help is much appreciated. 🙂

• Level 5*
On 12/6/2020 at 1:35 AM, Theday1smine said:

how to actually find the database folder

Instructions Here     
This was a dead end for me.  I managed to update the contentclass in the local database, but it got overwritten by the sync process