Evernote Windows and Android do not remember "sort notes" settings.

Evernote Windows and Android do not remember "sort notes" settings.  The sort by keeps being reset to "sort by created date"  Anyone know how to make the "sort notes" setting in Evernote Windows and Android stay at whatever you set it to?

I agree that is how it should work.  However, in my experience, the sort order will reset to "sort by created".  I don't know what triggers the reset but it is annoying when it happens.  I am wondering if anyone else has observed this behavior and has any ideas on how to prevent the reset (or on what may trigger it to occur).

• Level 5*

Post 2 is the only way I know to maintain the sort order you prefer.  The sort order at File - Exit, not clicking the x to close or shutting down your system, is what the sort order will be when you open EN the next time.  At least that's how it works for me to date.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  

I keep my notes sorted by Title (I use Snippet mode).  After an interval of time, using the Windows version of Evernote (about a week), the sort order resets all notes in all notebooks to "sort by created".  However, if I look at my notes via the Android version of Evernote, the notes are still "sorted by title".  

So, the two versions of Evernote seem to behave differently and the sync function does not appear to include sort order.  

In my opinion, the sort order should not reset like that and also the sort order should be a property that syncs, so the notes are sorted the same regardless of the platform.

Has anyone else had this experience?  Can someone see if Evernote developers know about this and can apply a fix?

I have roughly the same problem, but perhaps with some more info. I use Evernote both at home and at work. At home, I've set the sort order to "Title" and unchecked "Reverse sort order". At home, this never changes, not after I've closed Evernote and not after reboots or anything else. So far, everything seems to be working fine. However, when I'm at work and open Evernote after starting up my PC, the sort order there is set to "Created" and "Reverse sort order" is checked. No matter how often I set it to "Title" and uncheck "Reverse sort order", every next time when I start up my PC and start Evernote again, the sort order is set back to "Created" and "Reverse sort order".

• Level 5*

I have roughly the same problem, but perhaps with some more info. I use Evernote both at home and at work. At home, I've set the sort order to "Title" and unchecked "Reverse sort order". At home, this never changes, not after I've closed Evernote and not after reboots or anything else. So far, everything seems to be working fine. However, when I'm at work and open Evernote after starting up my PC, the sort order there is set to "Created" and "Reverse sort order" is checked. No matter how often I set it to "Title" and uncheck "Reverse sort order", every next time when I start up my PC and start Evernote again, the sort order is set back to "Created" and "Reverse sort order".

Did you File - Exit after you set the sort order on your work PC?  Just x'ing out will not save the order.

Archived