How to upload images on Evernote Forum

Hi there,

Perhaps a kind of newbie question but I am struggling with the question how to upload images in an Evernote Forum post.

• The is a My Media Library, but it is empty and I'm searching how to get this thing filled.
  • Also the "Image" symbol above gives only the option to put a link in.
  • Searching in the options and my Profile doesn't give me a clue either,
  • I have searched the web but to no avail :-(

I think the answer is ofcourse simple.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Pieter

Hit "More Reply Options" (bottom right of text box, next to the "Post" button) > Choose files.

What I do instead is hit the "image" icon in the toolbar and pop in a link to a Dropbox image. To link to a Dropbox image, get the share link, paste it into the popup dialogue box and change the "=0" at the end of the string to a "=1"... and whatever you do, make sure that you don't rearrange your Dropbox folders, otherwise the link(s) will be broken.

Agreed, links are the best way to get an image into the forum. We're working on getting this space out of the 90s and into the late oughts, so we will have better file management for the forum relatively soon :) 

• Level 5*

What I do instead is hit the "image" icon in the toolbar and pop in a link to a Dropbox image. To link to a Dropbox image, get the share link, paste it into the popup dialogue box and change the "=0" at the end of the string to a "=1"... and whatever you do, make sure that you don't rearrange your Dropbox folders, otherwise the link(s) will be broken.

I also use DropBox for my shared images, but I have created a "Public" folder in the root of Dropbox that I put all my shared images in.

Not sure about Windows, but on the Mac you can just right-click on a file in the Public folder, and select "Copy Public Link".  No adjustments to the link URL are necessary.

I have also developed a Keyboard Maestro macro that automates saving the image file and getting the DropBox link on the clipboard, ready to paste in the Link-to-image box here.

I have a Dropbox folder just for the Evernote forum. That way, if I ever get really disgruntled, I can pull the plug... and the forum will mourn the loss of my precious screenshots.  :P

EDIT: Then I'll restore that folder from the trash the next day and people will rejoice once again.

• Level 5*

That way, if I ever get really disgruntled, I can pull the plug... and the forum will mourn the loss of my precious screenshots.  :P

My huge crocodile tears were already flooding my face at just the thought of losing your precious images.   B)

Crocodile-Tears.jpg

Archived