Web Client Beta Release 8/5/2015 - Easy access to Source URL & Bug Fixes

nanphan

Idea

Here's what went into last night's release.  - Nancy 

New Features

• Easy Access to Source URL - For articles and notes that were clipped from the web, you will now have easy access to the source URL in the upper right hand corner of the note. 
Bug Fixes (Forum Reported) 

• Chrome Crash - Chrome browser is crashing on Chromebook & Windows - For the past 1-2 weeks we saw an issue with the Chrome browser in which on load or immediately after, the browser would crash with an "Aw Snap!" message. We asked users to either revert back to the old client or switch to Firefox, Safari, or IE. This workaround is no longer needed. Please feel free to use Chrome again.   
  • Dutch Tooltips for "Insert Link" says "Insert Line" - Thanks to our user reports we continue to fix translation and locale related issues. In our most recent fix, we updated the tooltips for the Dutch language. Please continue to flag any incorrect translations you may see.
Known Issues

• Editing in Windows 10 Edge Browser - Unable to format text - We currently do not officially support the Edge browser on Windows 10 yet. However, we recently found and issue with text formatting where if you highlight text and try to format it, the text gets unhighlighted.  We will fix this issue shortly for our Windows 10 customers.  However, we recommend that our customers use one of our supported browsers for the best Evernote Web experience. If you are using Edge,  please feel free to report any issues you may see.  

5 replies to this idea

Hi I stumbled another Dutch Translation thingy :

Evernote_20150807.png

It says something like : You can edit the title of this note only because it is made in another app.

Better would be : You can edit only the title of this note because it is made in another app.

Proposal  :

Sorry, omdat deze notitie in een andere app is gemaakt kun je alleen de titel bewerken.

Regards,

Pieter

Thank you! For the bug report. 

Hi I stumbled another Dutch Translation thingy :

Evernote_20150807.png

It says something like : You can edit the title of this note only because it is made in another app.

Better would be : You can edit only the title of this note because it is made in another app.

Proposal  :

Sorry, omdat deze notitie in een andere app is gemaakt kun je alleen de titel bewerken.

Regards,

Pieter

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if there is an update to the issue where one cannot move a personal note to a business notebook?

In general I love the new web interface. I would like to see more robust text formatting in the notes.

One thing I really don't like is that when I change a notebook, the interface changes to that notebook. 

Imagine this use case: I have collected a variety of notes from different places throughout the week. It is now time for me to review and organize those notes. I am going through the list of notes and apply a tag and then change the notebook. I don't want to do anything more with the note. As it is now, every time I organize a note to a notebook, I have to press the backspace key to go back to the previous notebook. It is not huge to be sure. Just annoying.

I am looking forward to being able to use the EN Web full time. Still a ways to go for that, though.

Kind regards,
Judi Smith

Please make Evernote Web Beta note view in full width!

Sometimes I need read big texts, and now this is more convenient in Google Drive because of full width. I have 1920px-display,

And optional dark theme, please. You have so many users - so popular product must have dark theme for sensitive eyes and night reading + battery consumption.

Please make Evernote Web Beta note view in full width!

Sometimes I need read big texts, and now this is more convenient in Google Drive because of full width. I have 1920px-display,

And optional dark theme, please. You have so many users - so popular product must have dark theme for sensitive eyes and night reading + battery consumption.

Thank you for the feedback. We'll take this into consideration for future optimizations. - Nancy 

Archived