shivohum

Correction for misspelled word disappears too fast

If I type the word "shuold" in Evernote, I know Evernote does not have spellcheck and it does not highlight as a misspelled word.

But if I click on the word, it does recognize it as misspelled and even offers to replace it with "should" but this correction disappears instantly, so I can never click on it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Works for me in EN iOS 7.7.9 on iPhone 6+.

You may need to check the iPhone settings.  Do a google.

EN-iOS-779-SpellCheck.gif

If I type the word "shuold" in Evernote, I know Evernote does not have spellcheck and it does not highlight as a misspelled word.

But if I click on the word, it does recognize it as misspelled and even offers to replace it with "should" but this correction disappears instantly, so I can never click on it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

This is a known issue with EN iOS.  The pop up menus disappear instantly after appearing.  Take @JMichael's advice above.  But if you don't want to use the predictive suggestions above the keyboard you can force the pop up menu to reappear by scrolling the screen slightly after it has disappeared.  You will then have to tap "Replace…" to get the corrected spelling.

Evernote%20Camera%20Roll%2020150812%2015 Evernote%20Camera%20Roll%2020150812%2015