Evernote Helper app has AppleScripts that mention tor, what is the reason for this?

Hello, while troubleshooting another issue, I started looking at the helper app for Evernote and see there are a few .scpt files in there.

Adium.scpt
Firefox.scpt
Safari.scpt
NetNewsWire.scpt
Microsoft Entourage.scpt
Mail.scpt

What are these for?  One that concerns this the firefox one, as it is not calling firefox. I don't know when these get called or why they are there to be honest. At first I thought plug-ii related. But then saw mail.app and netnewswire, Entourage, etc.

The code in the FireFox one is:

tell application "TorBrowser.app.meek-http-helper"

set _url to ""

set _title to ""

if (count of windows) > 0 then

try

set _url toclass curl» of window 1) as string

end try

try

set _title to (name of window 1) as string

end try

end if

{_title, _url}

end tell

What are these for? A after watching some of the Deacon talks on Tor, it was explained, by many of the Three Letter Acronyms, jus searching for tor, or tails, or any of those things end you up on a list.  What is going on here?  With the lack of encryption on the Evernote end, this worries me until I understand it.  As far as I can tell, this is a headless tor browser, and special effort was made, not on Evernotes part, but the developers of it, to make sure that it does not pop up two icons in the doc. This is one that needs some explaining.  Is this intentional, is this a backdoor, what in the heck is going on here?

Thank you.

Archived