Monthly usage error

My Mac client is telling me I'm over the limit when I'm sure I'm not. 

Following some suggestions here, I've tried emptying the trash on the Mac client, I've done a restart of the machine multiple times and of course the client, I've done a soft uninstall and I've checked the figure on the web version which is 20MB under the limit. I've even added the note I wanted to on the web version and was able to sync it back down to the Mac version. 

I was a premium user but switched over to another system so only use about 30-40MB monthly for Evernote. No more money = no more support from Evernote. Thanks guys. 

Any ideas anybody? Does it only remain for me to dig out the hard uninstall info on the system and once again sync everything back to the computer? Any other suggestions? 

Thanks in advance. 

• Level 5*

Double-check the EN Mac Trash to make sure it is empty, and also the Trash on the EN Web client.

On the Mac do a manual sync, and if there is still a difference, sign out of EN Mac, exit EN, restart your Mac, and sign back into EN Mac.

If you're still showing a difference, please post the usage reported by both EN Mac and EN Web.

Hey JMichael thanks for the reply.

Emptied the trash on both, done a manual sync (from the toolbar) and the menu, signed out + signed in, signed out + restarted, still no change.

Monthly usage is 43.8MB in both web and desktop clients.

I can add stuff to the web and mobile versions but not the Mac client. 

This has happened a couple of times before - specifically towards the end of the monthly quota when it got to above 40MB. 

• Level 5*

Then it sounds like the issue is clearly with EN Mac.

I don't know that this will help or fix your issue, but it is easy enough to try:

Sometimes a simple reinstall of the app will fix the problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

If your issue remains unresolved, then the next step would be to submit a bug report.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Funnily enough I don't think the problem exists on the other mac I use so pretty sure it is the Mac app.

Think I've finally figured out the solution - was as above - the hard uninstall. 

Already tried a reinstall (the aforementioned "soft uninstall") before - dragging the app to the trash - just repeated it to make sure and it's not working. My other version was from the app store and this time I've tried it with the direct download app as well. 

Just used AppDelete to get rid of the database and everything on the computer. I've not got any unsynced or offline stuff so I didn't need to export any files to back it up.  

There's a bit more info here about uninstalling and a further link here to delete the database. If you're confident about faffing around in the App Support directory then just navigate to User->Application Support-> com.evernote.Evernote and just trash it all. Reinstall, sign in and download again. Mine's just syncing now so maybe that's interfering with the upload limit signal. If there's a repeat I'll post something here but otherwise that looks like it's done the job.  

Hey JMichael thanks for the reply.

Emptied the trash on both, done a manual sync (from the toolbar) and the menu, signed out + signed in, signed out + restarted, still no change.

Monthly usage is 43.8MB in both web and desktop clients.

I can add stuff to the web and mobile versions but not the Mac client. 

This has happened a couple of times before - specifically towards the end of the monthly quota when it got to above 40MB. 

I think non paid members get support for three things, data loss, sync issues, and one other thing that evades my memory right now.  You may want to email in, or as I have, just pony up the money and think of it as a support contract, as it is way too pricey for the bandwidth, in my head, it feels better if I think of it as support.  And I use it more often, which sucks because that wastes EN's time, but I want to get value out of it.  EN support should be free in my opinion.

• Level 5*

I think non paid members get support for three things, data loss, sync issues, and one other thing that evades my memory right now.  You may want to email in, . . .

If you read my post above you would know:   ;)

In addition to bug reports, Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".  Also "Payment or Billing Issue" and "Trouble Logging in".

I need to update my list.   :) 

There is no email support, except that initiated via a Support Ticket online.

Very few companies offer free support, especially for non-paying customers.  It's not financially sustainable.  By far, most issues reported by users are not real issues with the software, but with the user's lack of knowledge about how to use the product.  That's where this forum comes in, to answer "how-to" questions.

Fair enough on the free support thing but maybe I was doing it wrong but I wasn't able to submit a bug report ticket on the site, I would have thought that it'd be in EN's interest to have bugs submitted from both free and paid users.

• Level 5*

maybe I was doing it wrong but I wasn't able to submit a bug report ticket on the site . . .

Evernote definitely accepts bug reports from all users, include free accounts.

Just be sure you select the "Report a Bug" category at the top of the support form.

EN-Trouble-Ticket-Categories.png

Archived