Double Quotes does not work with OCR

Hi,

Per my screenshot (attached), double quotes in search don't work at all for OCR images. It just looks for any keyword instead of both of them together.

Ex: Search is for "test build", however, the images with just "build" show up in the results along with the "test build" text.

I have tons of images in my notes and the search functionality is basically useless. From what I can tell, there is also no way to turn off OCR. 

I am testing this for my company and would pay, but this issue is making it useless for us across the board.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

post-265542-0-96985700-1438625185_thumb.

• Level 5*

EN Mac 6.0.3 was released last Dec 2014, so it's quite old by Evernote standards.

The current ver is 6.0.16.

Ex: Search is for "test build", however, the images with just "build" show up in the results along with the "test build" text.

I can confirm this behavior in EN Mac 6.0.11 running Mavericks (10.9.5).

See screen shot at bottom.

So it looks like a bug to me.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

EN-Mac-6011-Find-Image.gif

Also, I am not Evernote premium and don't want to pay since this does not work for us due to the broken functionality. As a result, they will not let me submit the bug. Anyway you can do it @Jmichael?

Archived