(Archived) Importing Duplicate Categories

I've just (accidentally) imported the same category twice. I did this by importing a group of notes, that had some @next notes. Then I imported another group of notes, which had some @next notes too. Now, I have two @next categories.

Normally, wouldn't bother me, except that the two don't have the same notes in them! (They're both filtered on the keyword @next). See:

post-1775-131906061849_thumb.png

Note that the one note in the second category is included with the six in the first category. Bizarre. Especially since I'm not supposed to be able to have duplicate names....

I only get one copy into my web version.

Kind of a moot point anyway, the nice autocategory feature of those imported tags into my desktop does not translate into the web version - they're just blank in the web version.

I've just (accidentally) imported the same category twice. I did this by importing a group of notes, that had some @next notes. Then I imported another group of notes, which had some @next notes too. Now, I have two @next categories.

This looks like a bug. Can you clarify where did these notes come from? From your 2.2 database? Also, how did you import them into EN 3? Did you use Note->Import command?

Thanks!

Here's another example. I now have three of my old automatic Images categories (filtered on images). So, now three tags called images, that all say they filter on images.

post-1775-131906061855_thumb.png

The way I've been importing notes is as follows:

1. In EN2.2 database, select a set of notes that I want to export, e.g., every note in the Recipes category. Some of these notes are automatically categorized, e.g., with @next or image, etc.

2. Export to enx.

3. In EN3b, go to Note/Import...

4. I choose to import both notes and tags, as in:

post-1775-131906061855_thumb.png

Then, I tend to end up with all of the notes going into my INBOX notebook (my default notebook) and the tags/categories come into the Tags list. In this case, the three categories that were with the old notes were: Recipes, Images, Templates. Recipes now acts like a regular tag. Images seems to be implying that its still an automatic category, and Templates seems to be missing.

Archived