Local Notebooks Missing After Update

(I have a Mac OS X Yosemite)

I had the Evernote app installed, and it had many local notebooks. The issue occurred after I decided to install Evernote through the App Store. It was then that the local notebooks seemed to no longer exist. I want to believe that they still exist somewhere on the hard drive. In fact, I found this location: ~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts, which seems like it could be of some use in restoring the local notebooks, but I am not sure what to do next.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Level 5*

Hi.  As the other thread says,  Local notebooks are simply kept in a different location for each app.  I'm glad you were able to recover them,  but AFAIK the only way to 'transfer' them to the other location will be to export your notes,  notebook by notebook,  to ENEX files.  Check the export options if you decide to do this - otherwise you may lose tags on your notes.  Export one notebook at a time to separate files because this format doesn't preserve notebook information.  Beware that any note links will no longer be valid - the UID of these notes will change when imported back into the account.  I'd recommend setting up a test notebook and going through the export / import process to make sure you're fully familiar with the process before going ahead on the original notes. 

• Level 5*

If possible, I would like to find a way to transfer the local notebook data to App Store instance of Evernote.

I'm not sure what you mean by " transfer the local notebook data to App Store instance of Evernote."

The Local NBs and Sync'd NBs are not separated out in a way that you can get to them outside of Evernote.

You can have only one version of Evernote installed:  Either the App Store ver or the Direct Download ver.

I see no advantage to the App Store version, and it has had lots of issues:

1. Disappearing Local NBs (as you saw)
  2. Numerous bugs not in the Direct D/L ver
  3. Is released earlier
  4. Does not support Spotlight as well as Direct D/L.

So, If you are on the Direct D/L ver now, I'd recommend that you stay there.

Archived