SPAM Button in own content?

Everyone gets the same generic view of a shared public note. Theoretically you wouldn't need to visit your own public note, since supposedly you have it within your account already. And if you're looking at it for testing purposes, it's nice to see what others would see, I imagine.Only when you try to add it to your account do you get told that you already have it. Also, not everyone is as innocent as you. Lastly... Hopefully you've got a good bunch of friends or followers who will be benevolent and not report your note as spam.

The question, really, is what would constitute spam... And wouldn't I be a fool for clicking on some random, unknown link to discover it didn't suit my needs?... And couldn't someone take my public note link and embed it in an email for unintended use (highly unlikely)? I'm trying to figure out how "Spam" would ever come into the equation. Copyright issues... yes. Inappropriate/ graphic content... yes. I'm probably missing something here. Maybe they should just keep "Report"... where copyright issues are at play, they copyright owner could use that to effect a DMCA takedown notice.

Thanks for your opinion, frank.dg.

To me it remains totally strange thinking.

Why don't they put a SPAM button on top of every Evernote's website?  This would make it most comfortable for those who don't like the Evernote content or business for whatever reason, to report it.

When I share my notes with the public, this is like creating content on my website. I would never think of giving anyone the chance to discredit me in such an easy manner.

Links of public notes can be shared from anyone to anyone. You will have no control over it.

Sure, this is also true for an pdf, you attach to an email. But that's exactly why I wouldn't put a SPAM button into my pdf.

As long as this silly feature remains, sharing content by Evernote is not an option.

Sorry guys, this point goes to Google Docs.

When I share my notes with the public, this is like creating content on my website. I would never think of giving anyone the chance to discredit me in such an easy manner.

Yep... that makes absolute sense. 

... and if they really feel it's necessary, why not tuck it away in the share menu? 

The other strange thing is that if you hit the "report spam" button, it returns a "Thank you for your feedback" message. No form to explain why it might be spam or copyright infringement, etc. Either way, the "spam" part doesn't make sense. 

Sorry... in my first post I was focusing more on why you would see a "report spam" in your own public note, as opposed to why you would see it at all. Seems kind of redundant to me now... and the more I think about it, the more it bugs me  :P

Archived