How do I empty trash

Hi Everyone,

I don't really understand Evernote. I make a list of things I must do and then delete the list but I didn't know that everything went into trash (doh). so, I found everything in the trash but I can't empty the trash. When I googled that I read that I just click the 3 dots on the top at the right, but when I do that it just gives me the option to "Restore Note. Would someone please tell me how to empty the trash. Also is there a tutorial for Evernote, I am just not understanding it.

Many thanks.

joanelaine

I tried that, but it doesn't show any of the dozens of notes I am trying to get rid of, the only thing I can do is delete the whole thing from my tablet but I read that is not so easy to do. I am sorry I ever used this app. I hope I can get rid of it. I don't want it on my PC.

any suggestions, seems ridiculous that one can't empty the trash from an app.

regards, '

Joan.

I tried that, but it doesn't show any of the dozens of notes I am trying to get rid of, the only thing I can do is delete the whole thing from my tablet but I read that is not so easy to do. I am sorry I ever used this app. I hope I can get rid of it. I don't want it on my PC.

regards, '

Joan.

Sorry but there isn't any other way to empty trash.

Using webversion in your PC won't install Evernote.

regards, '

Joan.

Sorry but there isn't any other way to empty trash.

Using webversion in your PC won't install Evernote.

• 10 months later...

I am a little late for this reply, but I had the same problem. Here is how you do it. At the bottom of all of your tags is the trash.

Click on it and you will see all of your trash notes. If you are sure they are trash, then right click on the trash again and choose empty trash. They will go away.

I should say that I did this on my Windows PC.

• 1 year later...

On my iPad mini two, under Evernote – I clicked on all notebooks. At the very bottom of that list is a trash bin icon.  It does not appear if nothing has been moved to trash.

You must select  trash  on the individual note.  That was it to the trash bin Icon Under all notebooks,  there’s a parentheses that includes the number of how many things are in the trash. Click the drop-down menu under trash and then  Click to delete as displayed. 

Hope this helps!

Archived