Can't find Work Chat in Android app

As the subject line says, I can't find where to create/access a Work Chat from within the Android app. All the guides say "Tap ‘Work Chat’ from the side menu", but my app doesn't even have a side menu. There are no customary 3 bars on the left beside the "Evernote" title. I've checked every sub-menu, screen, icon.... there's no Work Chat, nor any speech bubble icons. Any suggestions? Thanks.

As the subject line says, I can't find where to create/access a Work Chat from within the Android app. All the guides say "Tap ‘Work Chat’ from the side menu", but my app doesn't even have a side menu. There are no customary 3 bars on the left beside the "Evernote" title. I've checked every sub-menu, screen, icon.... there's no Work Chat, nor any speech bubble icons. Any suggestions? Thanks.

What version of Android do you use?

What phone/tablet?

Ah sorry, I should have included that.

Sony Xperia Z3

Android version 5.0.2

And I did check, my Evernote app is up to date.

Can you check the settings - Work Chat?

There's check box for view and not view work chat

There's nothing anywhere in the Settings about Work Chat. I even checked sub-pages in the Settings.

In my settings I have

Account

Camera

Notebooks

Notes

Work Chat

in swedish Guides

Syncronize

Content

My settings list is:

Account Info

[account name]

Upgrade to Premium

Invite Friends

Premium Settings

Setup PIN Lock

Manage Offline Notebooks

Camera Settings

Moleskine Notebook

Post-it Notes

General Settings

Sync

Search and Storage

Note Creation

Reminder

Support

Legal

I've checked inside all of these sub-options, Work Chat isn't even mentioned once.

(After this post I'm only allowed to make one more until tomorrow night, since this is a new forum account.)

My settings list is:

Account Info

[account name]

Upgrade to Premium

Invite Friends

Premium Settings

Setup PIN Lock

Manage Offline Notebooks

Camera Settings

Moleskine Notebook

Post-it Notes

General Settings

Sync

Search and Storage

Note Creation

Reminder

Support

Legal

I've checked inside all of these sub-options, Work Chat isn't even mentioned once.

(After this post I'm only allowed to make one more until tomorrow night, since this is a new forum account.)

I'm going to check my old tablet.

I have a Basic account...

have a good night

Hey there,

Based on your description, it sounds like you may be running an older version of EN for Android on your Xperia, as the Work Chat icon is a bit hard to miss.

Can you double check the version of Evernote you're running by navigating to your EN Android app settings (3-dots > Settings > Support > current version should be 7.0.7 at the time of this post)?

Once you've confirmed that you're on the latest version of EN for Android, the Work Chat icon should look something like this: https://www.evernote.com/l/AJYaoZ3XLSZHLL9GiXeKB0HEQrDDd5Mb1ng

Sorry... new to this forum, so I hope this helps :lol:

My settings list is:

Account Info

[account name]

Upgrade to Premium

Invite Friends

Premium Settings

Setup PIN Lock

Manage Offline Notebooks

Camera Settings

Moleskine Notebook

Post-it Notes

General Settings

Sync

Search and Storage

Note Creation

Reminder

Support

Legal

I'm going to check my old tablet.

I have a Basic account...

have a good night

In the old tablet I have same version, and the settings menu is the same. Incl Work Chat

Thanks guys, I finally opened a support ticket and figured it out. Despite the fact the the Play store claimed my version was up to date, it wasn't. Uninstall and reinstall fixed it (which I should have tried to begin with - rookie mistake!!). Thanks for the offers of help.

Thanks guys, I finally opened a support ticket and figured it out. Despite the fact the the Play store claimed my version was up to date, it wasn't. Uninstall and reinstall fixed it (which I should have tried to begin with - rookie mistake!!). Thanks for the offers of help.

And now you can chat. And share notes through a chat

Archived