Do photos remain on device after deleting a note

• Level 5*

Sadly,  I zapped the other one before seeing this...

When you delete a note containing a photo  in Android (on my Samsung phone at least) it looks like the photos remain behind in a folder called.   evernote/storage/emulated/0/

pictures.  Is anyone familiar with this?

To me it looks like the job of deleting isn't complete. Is this correct?

Agreed there's a folder containing pictures - not sure what purpose it serves,  or whether this is permanent or temporary storage (temporary would imply the space is given up if other apps require it).  It would be interesting to add a new note with a picture and see whether it's added to your folder,  and if so,  to delete the picture from the folder to see whether it affects the note.  If not,  you could simply clear out that folder from time to time when carrying out any other device maintenance.  If it's a particularly large folder because of multiple big files,  you could also submit a bug report..
  • Level 5*

That explains the additional copies then - @seebee,  they're apparently just gallery copies;  delete what's there and change your preference not to have the extra copy saved,  and you should have no more wasted space.  Not from that direction,  anyway.  HT to Morticia for doing the testing..  :)

My camera settings are (and have been) unchecked to save to gallery. I will gladly delete the pics, but I am unsure of what you mean exactly by your test Morticia. Would you mind explaining it a little slower.

I did  do a test run with a photo and then deleted it. I couldn't find it in this android folder either before or after deletion. The folder does contain a number of copies of the same pics. ie When a page is scanned sometimes I take a few shots until I get a sharp one (much better at it now- brilliant feature). I will keep one image, but the others appear to be in this folder.

Also, is there a way that I can delete my 'doubled up' question?

Thanks, both of you for your interest

• Level 5*

I already deleted the other post before I realised you'd removed the content of this one.  No problem for the comments - I use Android too and I'm jealous of my spare storage space...

There was a bug in an older version on Evernote android so it sometimes (for me all times created duplicate pictures) in the picture-folder.

Since some month I don't have seen that in the tablet, in the I save on gallery.

My camera settings are (and have been) unchecked to save to gallery. I will gladly delete the pics, but I am unsure of what you mean exactly by your test Morticia. Would you mind explaining it a little slower.

I did do a test run with a photo and then deleted it. I couldn't find it in this android folder either before or after deletion. The folder does contain a number of copies of the same pics. ie When a page is scanned sometimes I take a few shots until I get a sharp one (much better at it now- brilliant feature). I will keep one image, but the others appear to be in this folder.

Also, is there a way that I can delete my 'doubled up' question?

Thanks, both of you for your interest

I tested the settings.

Checked and unchecked the save to gallery in the camera settings.

With x the evernote camera save in the folder and I can see in the gallery. If I deleted the folder a new one was created when taking a new pictures.

And unchecked no pictures was saved in the folder.

If I delete the folder no new was created with settings unchecked.

There is some thing with the checkbox in the settings. Some seems to not work. A bug?

Yes you can delete the duplicate.

If you use some cloud for backup you can check if the pictures are there.

I too have to take a couple of shots before I got a sharp scan. But the latest version is quite better then the old ones. I haven't give up once

In this version of evernote.

(I have no broadband so I'm on my phone and zapping between typ and read your post. Hope I don't miss anything or so)

Great investigation work. I might keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks. I have deleted the folder contents now but noticed some recent photos in there and I am pretty certain that I didn't have the camera set to save copies.

Archived