Note panel has just moved to below the Note list

RichardG63

Hi, I expect this is because of an update perhaps? But I noticed suddenly that instead of a list of notes, I see a list of note cards in the Note list pane, and the note panel has moved below the note list. This is a move away from the common 'three vertical pane' layout that worked fine for me.

I've had a look at the settings for the note panel but can't see an option to 'show on right' or similar. I hope I've explained this well enough... but what I'm looking to achieve is to have a list of stacks/notebooks on far left, a list of notes to the right, and the content of the selected note to the right of that again.

Is it possible to go back to this arrangement?

Thanks,

R

• Level 5*

There are different view options, LIst, Snippet and Card.  Appears you may have changed from list to card view.  In any case, go to the View drop down in the menu bar and select Note List and then the view you want.  There are function hot keys you will see there that you can use as well.

Hi - card view arranges the windows the way I'd like, but I'd like a list of notes as opposed to a list of cards if that makes sense!

Thanks for your help but I evidently need a bit more here!

Richard

• Level 5*

Ctrl-F5 should give you a list of notes, either above the note or to the left (depending on what the view was when you last left list view)

Shift-Ctrl-F5 will toggle between list above and list to the left.

So I would hit Shift-Ctrl-F5 to get a list view, and if you don't like that one, hit Shift-Ctrl-F5 again.  If I understand what you are asking.

I guess I must have pressed shift-ctrl-F5 at some point which put the note panel below the note list. Pressing it again moved the note panel to the right, and then I could change the type of items displayed in the note list back to snippets and all is normal again.

Thank you for your help!

Archived