Evernote Frozen on my iMac

Hello,

I've had Evernote on my iMac for a while now and it was working fine but for the last few days it's been frozen on my computer screen. I opened it the way I do regularly and when I went to make changes it was COMPLETELY frozen. I tried to force the programo closed, I've tried restarting the computer several times but the program won't shut down and it remains frozen. Any tips?

• Level 5*

For this type of problem, often a simple reinstall of the app usually will fix the problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

• 4 months later...

I'm having a similar problem that's been going on for the past few days. When I start evernote on my mac, the app comes up with a spinning ball; I can't click or edit anything.

So far I've

• uninstalled the app store version
  • downloaded and installed the latest standalone version
  • renamed my com.evernote.Evernote folder
  • deleted the note that the app appears to be trying to display when it starts (i.e. is highlighted in the thumbnails)

No. Joy.

Evernote continues to work properly on my iphone, ipad, and windows machines. Any suggestions would be welcome.

-Jim

• Level 5*

Since all other attempted fixes have failed, you might try a clean reinstall.

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

I'm having a similar problem that's been going on for the past few days. When I start evernote on my mac, the app comes up with a spinning ball; I can't click or edit anything.

So far I've

• uninstalled the app store version
  • downloaded and installed the latest standalone version
  • renamed my com.evernote.Evernote folder
  • deleted the note that the app appears to be trying to display when it starts (i.e. is highlighted in the thumbnails)

No. Joy.

Archived