Business card from photo?

Using either Evernote iOS or Mac, is it possible to import a photo (from photo album or computer file) as if it were scanned in as a business card? When I scan a document with Evernote iOS, I can assign it a document type -- Business card -- and the contact fields will be populated (albeit with varying levels of success). How do I do the same with a photo of a card that has already been taken (or attached via email etc.)?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi - There are no menu commands that will help with this.  Try using the mobile to take a picture of the picture of the card displayed on your monitor?  Print the note and cut out the card shape? 

Thanks. Already tried the first suggestion -- no contact fields were parsed. Could try the second (no need to crop, as the image consists only of the card itself), but it's time consuming and so 1980's. I'm sure the quality of the photo in my iOS album is as good as or better than one that I'd get by scanning a physical card. If only there were a way to persuade Evernote to believe it's an image of a business card, and then parse it. If Evernote iOS allows you to select the document type for photos you take using the app, why not for photos already in the camera roll?

• Level 5*

Sorry,  but either no-one thought of it,  or it was too difficult to make that work before the app launched.  It's a reasonable feature request though,  and the devs do read these forums (they say).

Archived