I need adv ice: Premium vs. Business

BostonJoe

Idea

I have a premium account and would like to see if it makes more sense for me to have a business account.  I have two employess whom I would like to simply add tasks to their notes (actually templates that I can add extra task besides the normal ones).  Getting help from the Evernote folks is impossible; pretty entiled crew over there.  Can anyone tell me the advantages of business vs. Premium?

11 replies to this idea

I have a premium account and would like to see if it makes more sense for me to have a business account.  I have two employess whom I would like to simply add tasks to their notes (actually templates that I can add extra task besides the normal ones).  Getting help from the Evernote folks is impossible; pretty entiled crew over there.  Can anyone tell me the advantages of business vs. Premium?

We tried running the premium version with 3 people.  Problem after problem after problem.

We finally bit the bullet and went to the business and Viola - almost all the issues went away.

You want easier, spring for the business, IMHO.

Good Luck

Rick

Rick,

That may have been the solution for you, but for many small teams a shared premium account may be much better, mainly due to the pathetic lack of features and support of the business product.  Countless examples discussed in this forum, the most obvious being the inability to share stacks, which is easily done with a shared premium account.

Another being the inability after something like 3 years for an admin to rename notebooks for a team, again easily accomplished with a shared premium account.

I don't disagree that the business product will be better for some, but not for all.

Before moving all your stuff to Business you need to know two things. 

Moving back to personal is difficult

you may want to move back  after learning that stack sharing is not available.

Sharing is one note or notebook at a time. I thought business would be better. Well not so much!

Business is set up for a business.  Multiple people using multiple notebooks.  It also protects the business owner by not allowing anyone to delete from the trash, only the administrator from the admin panel can do that.  Having these types of business protections, MAY make it slightly more difficult, but is well worth the effort.  Once you have the notebooks published in the business portion, anyone that you allow on your account can join and leave those notebooks without any intervention from you.  The pain is in the setup, but the actual running is MUCH better.

Have a GREAT day!

We tried running the premium version with 3 people.  Problem after problem after problem.

We finally bit the bullet and went to the business and Viola - almost all the issues went away.

Good Luck

Rick

Hi Tiddly27,

You said 'almost' all the issues went away; what did not?

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been a long time user of EN Premium now for coming on 10 years.

I am looking at using it seriously for business and wonder; How many use Evernote Business and how well do you find it works?

What other alternatives did you consider and test before using this tool or upgrading to EN Business?

Looking through this initial posting in the Business group I have to be honest it does not inspire alot of confidence.

Granted it's not fair to base a products performance on such a small sample of the entire EN Business user community; but..

On the other hand I don't see alot singing praises to EN Business that it's all singing all dancing......hmm?

Appreciate hearing feedback from fellow EN users

TIA,

David

Good Luck

Rick

Hi Tiddly27,

You said 'almost' all the issues went away; what did not?

Thanks

We will have an occasional problem with spreadsheets.  After changing the spreadsheet the changes will not be saved.  Once in a great while.the spreadsheet will disappear, but going through the options and finding the attachment folder, will bring back the spreadsheet.  I am currently working with support on this issue.

We now have 5 people working on Business, and it is a great system for us.  We track all the info concerning orders, we do about 650 per year.  We also have all the company documents for all the employees, no more distribution problems.  I investigated other options, but they all have their own issues.

Hope this helps..

Rick

Archived