Please stop opening every morning!?!?!

Philster

Idea

My Evernote business has recently started to open every morning - opening to a "Business Summary" screen of recent notes. While I'm sure this might be useful to some, it is not to me. Additionally, there seems to be no obvious way to stop this behavior, which feels oppressive and rude to me. I would like to be the one to control what apps open up on my computer. 

Does anyone know of a way to turn this 'feature' off? thank you.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hmm, I haven't seen this behavior myself.  Which client(s) (i.e. platforms) does this happen on; and can you post the version number(s) of those clients that you're running?

I agree, this behavior is terrible.

I usually leave Evernote opened to a specific note that pertains to what I'm working on, and I want that note to still be open the next morning. But instead I see this summary that is completely useless to me. And to make it even more annoying, it has popped up in front of everything else on my screen. And the emails and notifications are also useless and aggravating.

I can see how these features would be useful in many situations, but they should not be forced on us. We should be able to subscribe to notifications for different notebooks (yes, different than joining a notebook!) so that we only get notifications for the notebooks where it makes sense or is useful. And we should definitely be able to turn all of this stuff off. 

My Evernote business has recently started to open every morning - opening to a "Business Summary" screen of recent notes. While I'm sure this might be useful to some, it is not to me. Additionally, there seems to be no obvious way to stop this behavior, which feels oppressive and rude to me. I would like to be the one to control what apps open up on my computer. 

Does anyone know of a way to turn this 'feature' off? thank you.

I am with you.  This FEATURE is more of an ANNOYANCE than a feature.  Should be some way to turn it off.  I find mine moves to the business window more than once a day.  This is a real pain and should be fixed.

Evernote THINKS it knows what I want, but oddly enough I KNOW what I want.

Rick

Archived