Are you all fine with the change of the email-to-Evernote to a for-pay feature?

• Level 5*

IMO, if you value and use a service, then you should be willing to pay a reasonable price for it.

See the response by Evernote Employee Nancy M to complaints about removing email-to-account from the Free version.

As Cal mentioned, already lots of threads on this topic where Evernote employees have responded:

Some time back I read it was 5 trial emails. Total. That should be enough to test and see that it does in fact work. 

To answer your question. No, any sort of limit on emailing to Evernote is way too low if one has already made it a part of their workflow. Thus the need to upgrade and support a product if one wants the conveniences it affords. 

• Level 5*

Are you all fine with the change of the email-to-Evernote to a for-pay feature? And even so, don't you feel that the limit of 5 per month is way too low?

You could invest a whopping $3 for one month for EN Plus to fix your immediate problem while you decide if it is worth upgrading in the long run.

Thanks for the reply and directing to other posts on the topic. This is IMHO a suckered-in play for those who used this feature for free and came to like it. It's now for pay where it wasn't before. It's not about willingness to pay. It's about changing the rules after the game started. For me it started when I installed it the first time. From that minute on, I expect the game to stay the same. Now that it changed I will need to make a decision: stay or move.

BTW I would have paid for this feature $5 but not $25 on annual basis. We all know the margins of software products.

• Level 5*

We all know the margins of software products.

Sorry, but I doubt that.   Unless you have been in the software development business in a real way, how could you know?

It can easily take $Millions to develop, maintain, market, sell, service, and support an application of any complexity.

I've paid $5 for some decent apps. $5 for life. iOS apps. Some of those apps have discontinued... but none of them offer the scope of what Evernote does. Evernote is not simply an app. It's a service.

It amazes me that the core thing some people get from Evernote is the mail-to feature (please tell me this is not true). So they (threaten to) abandon Evernote when it is no longer free. That's it? No other redeeming factors? OCR? Thousands of onramps for getting material into Evernote - including the countless 3rd-party apps built to piggyback on Evernote or integrate with it? A first-class web clipper?... The basic notebook and tag capabilities?... the robust filtering and search options?... no saving grace whatsoever?

If emailing to Evernote is mainly (or the only thing) one get's out of it, why don't you leave your emails in your email client's inbox?

People shoot themselves in the foot every day because they can't see past their offence. 

Love to see that so many people are willing to give their works for free. Volunteers?
And I believe they all use Linux. And only open source software and free versions.
Or maybe add-ware. Free is good. Always! :huh:

Or is it only when it's others work?
One company. One app. Good and useful. Been addicted to it and now they do this? :o
But not so good as it has to be paid for?

The nagging pop up for premium disturbing the work. Like all other ads in apps.
Or the that it cost to send mail to Evernote. Users love this feature. Use it often, my invoices, receives, orders and private message go right in to Evernote (what would Evernote be without it?).

And suddenly it will cost! All my notes, collected in many years now I have to move them to another free service, and how long will that be free?

And no warning and disclaimer that Evernote maybe will change the payment plan or features.
(Warnings need to be personally "Dear Sam" If not, they will not be read.)  

Every company can change the features and payment plan, no need to have a long disclaimer for every change that might be later.
Do you like to read a long disclaimer every day. Every day starts with a new pop-up from every app-company with the latest new about the app, company etc.

Reading all the mail from all the apps you have? Updated with the latest news on the app and company? (I don't)

Evernote did send mail 2015-04-30. But I missed it.

PS:

I understand that not all have the money to pay. I have to priories which app I pay, I choose not to have MS Office, use Open Office instead (just one example) I can't afford vacations. Buy books on sales. Use Price-runner to check closed to almost everything I need to buy. I don't have a TV. In my age-group 88% have higher income, I have a couple disabilities who make it kind a hard to work. But I survive. Every penny, cent counts.

I start paying a couple of years ago for the offline features - to have offline to save my Internet-bill. And I priority to keep Evernote and some third party apps. I'm too lazy to move all stuff. And I like the apps.

And I have nothing against volunteers, I'm into that stuff myself, that is addictive tooo.

Archived