Megan P

How do I turn off auto capitalization in the body of the note?

Hi,

I am posting because I would like to find out how to turn off auto capitalization in the body of the note for Evernote. I googled this before I got on here and found some old archived threads similar to this, but I could not find an answer. Any ideas? Thank you!

-Megan

You don't mention platform, but if IOS go to Settings - General - Keyboard and turn off Auto-Capitalization.  This is a universal switch and will do it for all apps on the IOS device.  Don't know of a setting inside EN to do it.

• Like 1

It depends.  What versions of OS and Evernote are you running?

Thank you so much for replying, csihilling and JMichael! I am running Mac OSX (desktop version) and for Evernote, 6.0.16. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help. :)

-Megan

@Megan P:

I don't see any Mac System Preferences, OR Evernote preferences that would cause this.

The only thing I can turn up is use of a 3rd party app like TextExpander.  It has a preference to "Capitalize new sentences" that would apply to all apps, unless you set it otherwise.

@JMichael, thank you!! It was TextExpander. Problem solved! I appreciate your help very much! Have a good night! :)

• Like 1