Premium Users Sharing with Free users, can the free user move notes from one notebook to another?

I have begun using evernote recently after a long frustrating year and a half stint with onenote for the corporation I work at. I was tasked with finding a note sharing software that didnt suck for 50+ managers and executives. 

So far I am very pleased with the performance evernote offers in the free version, it has proved successful in the small division of our company that i have been running the trial run through. However I have one complaint and im not sure if it can be solved without paying a lot of money.

To solve my problem i would like to know if I purchase a premium or business subcscription will it allow me to share notebooks with free users and allow the free users to move notes between notebooks? for instance if i have a notebook that i want all weekly reports to be housed, and a new week comes around, i want all of the notes from the previous week archived in a notebook labeled "archive" and I want someone else other than the creator of the notebook to be able to move the notes. Currently in the free version i found out only the notebook owner can move notes between notebooks.

will this be solved if i purchase an upgraded license? or is it only possible if everyone is operating on a premium or business subscription? Is it even possible to do with everyone on an upgraded subscription?

if its going to cost a pretty penny then we will stick with onenote as a company for now, since we all operate on windows 7 and onenote gets the job done most of the time with what we need it to, we will spend our upgrades elsewhere. That is until some more eye catching features show up in Evernote.... which i will keep using personally :)

thanks in advance!

Hi!

First about share from Premium to Basic

http://www.evernote.com/l/AQK1RAVnLEdAuLyVwN_3waMSvYr8aDQ5F0I/

I share some notebooks with read-only.

And the notes inside them can't the user move.

With share and edit the Basic account can move notes
If the receptive account move a note a warning pop-up about Notes URL and history.

I leave the rest of your questions to members which have more knowledge in the subject

thanks for the response!

unfortunately when we troubleshot the notebook sharing the receptive account received no warning pop up, myself as the notebook owner have gotten that popup; but the button to move the note was completely grayed out for the other users.

thanks for the response!

unfortunately when we troubleshot the notebook sharing the receptive account received no warning pop up, myself as the notebook owner have gotten that popup; but the button to move the note was completely grayed out for the other users.

If you share a notebook with no permission to share or edit they can't move it. Så it's grey.

• Level 5*

I have begun using evernote recently after a long frustrating year and a half stint with onenote for the corporation I work at. I was tasked with finding a note sharing software that didnt suck for 50+ managers and executives. 

So far I am very pleased with the performance evernote offers in the free version, it has proved successful in the small division of our company that i have been running the trial run through. However I have one complaint and im not sure if it can be solved without paying a lot of money.

To solve my problem i would like to know if I purchase a premium or business subcscription will it allow me to share notebooks with free users and allow the free users to move notes between notebooks? .

. . .

will this be solved if i purchase an upgraded license? or is it only possible if everyone is operating on a premium or business subscription? Is it even possible to do with everyone on an upgraded subscription?

If you are considering an Evernote Business account, then I recommend that you contact Evernote directly with your questions:

See Contact Evernote Business

Having said that, I don't think it is very wise to plan on using Free Accounts with your Business account.

While it may save you a few bucks in the beginning, it will end of costing you a lot in terms of support, training, and frustration of everyone involved.  The Free account is very limited, and is really intended only as a "trial" version.  For a Business account to work well, all users need to be on the Business plan.

Evernote sharing/collaboration is in a state of flux.  Currently it is centered around the EN Work Chat feature.

While we might reasonably expect improvements/new features for Premium & Business accounts, I think it is unlikely that anything will be added to the Free accounts.

You might take a look at this page to learn more:

Evernote Business - Evernote for your company

• Level 5*

Hi.  Even as a free user you should be able to allow other free users to View and Edit shared notes,  and provided you have created the notes and notebooks beforehand they will (AFAIK) be able to move notes from one shared notebook to another.  The only restrictions you face are all about creation - of tags,  notebooks,  and notes - all of which are reserved for the owner of the notebook(s) rather than any sharee.

Best advice would be to set up a few test notes and share with a colleague (or with another free account of your own) to confirm that you can accomplish everything that you wish.

Archived