Force logout from Stolen Android. Is it possible?

I do not want the person who stole my Android phone will be able to look at my notes. I changed my password, but I do not think that's enough (it never asked me for password, not in my smartphone and not in my tablet). I`m using the free version. Is there a force logout option?

• Level 5*

Not a force logout available of which I am aware.  You could go to your desktop or the web and move all your notes to a new account and then delete them from your current account.  When the android syncs after that the notes should be removed.  Someone with more experience may have a better idea. 

I would say don't change your EN password right away or the notes will end up stuck on the phone, so to speak.

• Level 5*

No trend in this one, never has existed.  Anyway, how many data points do you need to have a trend?

Safest bet is to get a remote wipe capability.  I don't have it now, but I've worked at companies where the capability existed.  Tell someone you've lost your phone and the signal goes out to blitz it. 

- Go to evernote.com and sign in

- Go to Settings page from account menu in lower right corner (new web UI) 

- Go to 'Applications' tab

- Find Evernote Android in the list and click the 'Revoke all' 

I think that's the best action to do in cases like this. 

• Level 5*

- Go to evernote.com and sign in

- Go to Settings page from account menu in lower right corner (new web UI) 

- Go to 'Applications' tab

- Find Evernote Android in the list and click the 'Revoke all' 

I think that's the best action to do in cases like this. 

Will this purge the DB on the phone?

• Level 5*

Offline searchable notes are stored on the phone,  and recent notes will be in temporary caches,  but the whole database isn't stored on the phone anyway.  Without access to the login data and the online database the content 'should' be pretty safe...

• Level 5*

Not sure about that Gaz.  AFAIK, all content for notes in offline notebooks is stored on the phone.  So even without a connection of any sort those notes could be viewable. 

Thing I don't know is how the connection to EN is maintained for the phone.  If you change your password does the EN connection on the phone get broken?  Quick test, I just changed my password on the server and my phone continues to sync, as does the desktop interestingly enough.  Not a good thing IMO.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Might have a go at revoking access for my phone and testing whether I can still see my existing offline notes...  but that won't happen for a few days at least!

Archived