Getting: Emailed note limit reached

Hi,

I am getting the following email even though I am sending the first email to my account's email with in 48 hours.

Emailed note limit reached

We received your emailed note, but are unable to add it to your account because you have reached your daily emailed note limit.

Evernote Basic subscribers can save up to five emails to their Evernote account. To continue using the feature, you must upgrade your Evernote account.

Please advice what could be the issue is.

Thank you.

I too was (am) puzzled by the same e-mail I received today. Particularly the reference in first paragraph to "Daily email limit" was at best confusing and sent me searching. I know I didn't send 5 messages to my Evernote account today. Wouldn't a clearer message be: 'You aren't able to send e-mails based on your subscription level'? Seems like a poorly written communication from Evernote.

I've been a very satisfied user For several years and think Evernote is a wonderful product. My apologies if this is answered elsewhere in the Forum (first time Forum user), but I'm still confused whether it is 5 emails in total ever, or daily(?) or monthly with the Basic-level subscription.

Thank you.

I too was (am) puzzled by the same e-mail I received today. Particularly the reference in first paragraph to "Daily email limit" was at best confusing and sent me searching. I know I didn't send 5 messages to my Evernote account today. Wouldn't a clearer message be: 'You aren't able to send e-mails based on your subscription level'? Seems like a poorly written communication from Evernote.

I've been a very satisfied user For several years and think Evernote is a wonderful product. My apologies if this is answered elsewhere in the Forum (first time Forum user), but I'm still confused whether it is 5 emails in total ever, or daily(?) or monthly with the Basic-level subscription.

Thank you.

I can agree that the language in the message from Evernote is not clear about anything. ;)

It's five mail totally. Then you have to become plus or premium user.

https://evernote.com/pricing

Edit: moved the smile

I also was planning to use it more and go paperless eventually. And upgrade to paid even. I even bought and read a book on how to use it for GTD. Now I am not sure if I should consider it

To the above 2 users: go Premium like you always pictured it... And all will be right with the world.

This particular inconvenience for many comes as a result of Evernote attempting to prompt the many free users who find emailing to Evernote a useful part of their workflow to upgrade. This was announced months ago... But understandably did not come to the attention of a relative few. It's not a matter of them being underhanded or an inability to trust Evernote moving forward - that is if one steps back and takes a look at the bigger picture.

Basically, upgrading to Premium or Plus will allow you to support a product you've come to rely on for a long time already... And give the peace of mind that the service will in fact be around for a long time to come... And better still, effective immediately, give one the benefit of Plus or Premium - not only with the core Evernote clients... But also with the offshoot Evernote apps that fall under the Evernote umbrella, which will also afford greater latitude to paid tier members.

That email response is incorrect and misleading with the "daily" included--I've reported and we're going to change it. 

Instead of changing the message, why not change to policy of allowing Basic users "NO MORE EMAILS EVER"

This is an outrageous decision by the Evernote team. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I also received this alert just today.

After using Evernote for several years it appears as though they are using a forced upgrade policy even if you stay below the 60MB limit.

I've been on and off premium user of Evernote and really enjoy the program despite going back to a basic account. It's one thing to offer NEW features to premium users only, another altogether to TAKE AWAY features that were previously available.

Perhaps it's for the best. I'll look into other options or consider going back to my OneNote program I used before switching to Evernote.

Too bad!

I also received this alert just today.

After using Evernote for several years it appears as though they are using a forced upgrade policy even if you stay below the 60MB limit.

I've been on and off premium user of Evernote and really enjoy the program despite going back to a basic account. It's one thing to offer NEW features to premium users only, another altogether to TAKE AWAY features that were previously available.

Perhaps it's for the best. I'll look into other options or consider going back to my OneNote program I used before switching to Evernote.

Too bad!

I completely agree. If you are launching a new feature, than I can completely understand incorporating it into the Premium or Plus paid options; however, I chose to use Evernote based on the options it offered at a free price point. To have this originally "free" functionality stripped out from under me is rather disappointing. What other "free" features will be removed in the future? I understand that Evernote needs to make money to exist, but I still fee betrayed... this was poorly done. Makes me wonder if I can trust Evernote in the future. Maybe I should start looking elsewhere for my note taking needs :( .

I completely agree. If you are launching a new feature, than I can completely understand incorporating it into the Premium or Plus paid options; however, I chose to use Evernote based on the options it offered at a free price point. To have this originally "free" functionality stripped out from under me is rather disappointing. What other "free" features will be removed in the future? I understand that Evernote needs to make money to exist, but I still fee betrayed... this was poorly done. Makes me wonder if I can trust Evernote in the future. Maybe I should start looking elsewhere for my note taking needs :( .

Not all of the new features under the sun would prompt most basic users to upgrade.... precisely because the basic package offers way too much to begin with. It offers everything that is core to Evernote and excessively more. Don't forget that there are other ways to get emails into evernote beyond the mail-to feature. It is not as if people cannot get the contents of their email into Evernote (rather easily and elegantly) without this mail-to-evernote feature. They have not left basic users high and dry... it's just that now people will have to adjust their modus operandi slightly. If, on the other hand, one's Evernote data was held ransom, that would be another issue altogether. It is nowhere as dire as people are making it out to be. 

To the above 2 users: go Premium like you always pictured it... And all will be right with the world.

Subtext: "All will be right in OUR world... we will make alot more cash"

This particular inconvenience for many comes as a result of Evernote attempting to prompt the many free users who find emailing to Evernote a useful part of their workflow to upgrade.

Subtext: "Sorry did I say ''pompt" I meant to say "blackmail"

This was announced months ago... But understandably did not come to the attention of a relative few.

Subtext: "We already know the majority of users won't read our boring updates"

It's not a matter of them being underhanded or an inability to trust Evernote moving forward

"Hmmm ... Actually it is"

- that is if one steps back and takes a look at the bigger picture.

"take a step back and smell the corporate bs"

Basically, upgrading to Premium or Plus will allow you to support a product you've come to rely on for a long time already

"Yes, we have come to rely on it, which is why you are now trying to ***** us"

And give the peace of mind that the service will in fact be around for a long time to come

"Long time to come being ...... as long as you pay us"

And better still, effective immediately, give one the benefit of Plus or Premium - not only with the core Evernote clients... But also with the offshoot Evernote apps that fall under the Evernote umbrella, which will also afford greater latitude to paid tier members.

"ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz"

This was announced months ago... But understandably did not come to the attention of a relative few.

Subtext: "We already know the majority of users won't read our boring updates"

NOTE TO SELF: Read boring Evernote updates with 9 'o clock tea... They might just contain pertinent information.

Not all of the new features under the sun would prompt most basic users to upgrade.... precisely because the basic package offers way too much to begin with. It offers everything that is core to Evernote and excessively more. Don't forget that there are other ways to get emails into evernote beyond the mail-to feature. It is not as if people cannot get the contents of their email into Evernote (rather easily and elegantly) without this mail-to-evernote feature. They have not left basic users high and dry... it's just that now people will have to adjust their modus operandi slightly. If, on the other hand, one's Evernote data was held ransom, that would be another issue altogether. It is nowhere as dire as people are making it out to be. 

I guess I don't see it as prompting; it feels more like trickery. They provided a feature for free and then, once they got you hooked, they pulled it away from you and said you have to pay for it. Prompting would have been coming out with an awesome new feature that I felt I "needed" to have and was willing to pay for. Again, I understand they have to make money, but trickery does not instill confidence and loyalty in a company. I will modify my work flow accordingly, but I am no longer trusting in Evernote as a company sadly. 

I guess I don't see it as prompting; it feels more like trickery. They provided a feature for free and then, once they got you hooked, they pulled it away from you and said you have to pay for it. Prompting would have been coming out with an awesome new feature that I felt I "needed" to have and was willing to pay for. Again, I understand they have to make money, but trickery does not instill confidence and loyalty in a company. I will modify my work flow accordingly, but I am no longer trusting in Evernote as a company sadly. 

I understand the feelings. Hopefully things can be patched up moving forward. I think what's important is having useful software stick around and serve its purpose. Paying for Plus or Premium might burn a hole in your pocket... but, for sure, it might help with any anxiety caused by the possibility of features being pulled for Basic users. Live with betrayal or move on... decisions, decisions. 

I did upgrade. Payment went through successfully. And still I got a message-limit-reached message. What gives?

Any progress in this?

No progress. I've contacted support twice; no reply. I might just take it up with my credit card and flag the payment.

• Level 5*

I did upgrade. Payment went through successfully. And still I got a message-limit-reached message. What gives?

Any progress in this?

No progress. I've contacted support twice; no reply. I might just take it up with my credit card and flag the payment.

So is your account still showing as basic,  or are you now plus or premium?  Try logging out of Evernote and back in,  or restarting your device.  If you are showing as plus or premium,  and still have the email bar,  please choose "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

If you go by the website you'll get an instant acknowledgement and ticket number - post that here and we can get a forum admin to have a look at the issue for you.

Seconding Gazumped--would double check to make sure you were upgraded to Plus/Premium. In some cases it may take an hour or two. I would also check to see if the emails are making it into your account. 

My email limit is zero since I haven't upgraded and, right now, I don't intend to. I have used EN for a few years, thought it was great but this change to make me pay for uploading email is making me wonder.  Wonder whether I am being treated like a power user always pushing the envelope of the limits, when I am nothing of the sort.  I  can have 100,000 notes - I have less than 200. I can have 250 notebooks - I have 20.  I can have 100 tags per note - max I  can remember using is 4.  I can have 10,000 tags - I have less than 100.  I'm not a business, so there is no company account, I don't share with anyone and no one shares with me. The only thing moved from Free to Pay was email upload, something I have used maybe 20 times, but without it I feel frustrated at best, cheated at worst. I am not a big user and, let me say now, I am not looking for something for nothing, what I expect is a fair deal, something that recognizes a very light user and, surely there are others like me. 

I suggest a different profile for a free user: 1,000 notes, 50 notebooks, 5 tags per note and 5 uploads a month. Would this tax Evernote's servers?  I doubt it.

alex

Seconding Gazumped--would double check to make sure you were upgraded to Plus/Premium. In some cases it may take an hour or two. I would also check to see if the emails are making it into your account.

It's been three days, not an hour or two. The emails are not making it into my account. I signed out and then back in; nothing.

Should I assume that since my two requests to Evernote have also gone unanswered, they've been swamped with similar complaints? Not sure what this says about the rollout. Or, wait. Yes I do.

surely there are others like me. 

I suggest a different profile for a free user: 1,000 notes, 50 notebooks, 5 tags per note and 5 uploads a month. Would this tax Evernote's servers?  I doubt it.

Agreed: and surely there are more than you *and* me in this class, because you have described my level of use precisely. I don't like feeling used: it was clearly in the business plan all along to offer a service free that would hook people & make them dependent, then spring the pay trap. Like cigarette coupons.

You agree with Alex's suggestion?

The two of you, it seems would like to tailor-make what Evernote offers to Basic users, based on your own limited but specific needs?

These suggestions may suit you... but would not suit untold numbers of basic users who have a different set of needs. 1000 notes? Seriously?

You can't pick and choose the useful features you want, designed for your own needs. If you're such light users, why would you need to email to Evernote? Why couldn't you clip emails (from Gmail) via the web clipper... or copy paste the contents into Evernote via an elegant keyboard shortcut that automates it (Ctrl+Alt+V for Windows users)?

Next, we'll be hearing: "Please, just 10 presentations in presentation mode a month... why not 100 MB upload limit?... only 10 offline notebooks on my smartphone..."

Actually, it's real difficult to think of any of the core Evernote features that are not already provided for free, and excessively so... except the mail-to feature, it seems.

</rant> And for the life of me I can't figure out what people are doing with most of the emails they send to Evernote. Just because it's possible and a few productivity gurus say you should use this in your quest for zero inbox... does not mean it's smart. There is new, user-friendly technology that has come about after the advent of TSW, for example, and other systems which advocate emailing to Evernote to get your inbox under control. Try Mailbox on mobile or Boomerang on desktop, for instance. They allow you to postpone emails for whatever period you want or simply file them away. Is one suddenly not able to search one's email account anymore for those emails that have been archived?

I think there are limited use cases for emailing stuff into Evernote... I mean, the stuff that would really be useful to hoard in Evernote. Why would someone want to email anything to Evernote that required an actual email response? You would still need to go back to your email account via the link in Evernote and actually write and email there to respond. This could be one of the best things to happen to Basic users who can't afford or refuse to upgrade for the email-to-Evernote feature. Honestly. This way you get to fix what is, for the most part, a time-wasting endeavor, to begin with. </rant>

No, I don't really want to rule the world. What I did want was for the service I paid for to actually work. Or, failing that, to have my queries to the company as to why their product has failed for me to be answered.

I am a writer. The emails I save into Evernote constitute research materials. It was simply a simple way--I acknowledge there may be simpler ways, but I took a shortcut, figuring it was worth $25 to me to not have to figure them out--to maintain an archive.

I will be doing it another way now, obviously, since I've had to dispute the charge with Visa in order to get my money back.

Yep... That's another issue altogether. You reluctantly made an upgrade, which you're having trouble getting to show in one or more of your clients. The other topic under dispute is emailing to Evernote and many basic users feeling disenfranchised.

Keep in mind that Evernote employees do not work over the weekend, like most people... So it's not the best of times to work through any issue at all. Also keep in mind the time frame within which they say they'll respond (at the very least). It seems you reached out to them on Thursday. They don't promise a response within 24h during the week (business days). I would hold off on the credit card dispute until you've given them a reasonable/ expected period of time to respond. I don't see it as being out of the ordinary. At least not to distrust them and pull the plug.

In the meantime, some troubleshooting: if it's not too much of a hassle, you might want to check your account status to see if you actually have been upgraded (under your account settings) as both @Gazumped and @Gbarry (an Evernote employee) have asked.

If you have in fact been upgraded, what you might want to try is reinstall Evernote. It shouldn't take long. Many wrongs have been righted with a reinstall. Just a suggestion.

I too am getting the error message that I've reached the daily limit for emails.  I am a Premium subscriber for a couple of years (confirmed renewal in February 2015 with next payment in 2016) and should be allowed to upload 200 emails per day (per the Evernote Knowledge Base).  Things were fine until this month where I cannot even get one email to Evernote!  (All other functions appear to be unchanged.)

Any ideas on what the problem is?

I'm sure it stinks. It might stink a little less if you upgraded.

"BOO!" is how the Greeks responded (but in the Greek way of saying "BOO!") when Germany extended a bailout package and along with it a couple of stipulations... Such as raising the retirement age a bit. The demands to stay in the Eurozone, no doubt, stink. If you want to get emails into Evernote, you're going to have to do some adjusting or fork out.

I too am getting the error message that I've reached the daily limit for emails. I am a Premium subscriber for a couple of years (confirmed renewal in February 2015 with next payment in 2016) and should be allowed to upload 200 emails per day (per the Evernote Knowledge Base). Things were fine until this month where I cannot even get one email to Evernote! (All other functions appear to be unchanged.)

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Not a nice predicament to be in Carole. On what platform/ client are you getting the error message? Have you upgraded to the latest release?

If no mail arrive:

Check the special Evernote Mail address. Copy and send a test.

If some mail arrive:

What's the difference between them.

Recreate the special Evernote Mail if you got spam

I also uninstalled Evernote on laptop, tablet, and android phone, reinstalled and updated.  NO EFFECT.  It continues to say that I've got a Basic account even when Playstore confirms/reflects my subscription to Premium (renewed Feb.'15) and my credit card statement agrees.  (And, no, I didn't buy through iTunes - so they can't blame Apple.)

NET NET: They take your money and downgrade your account without any notice.  It's extortion, breach of annual contract, and theft of my $45 already paid!  I used to be a happy subscriber.  NOT ANY MORE.

:angry:

• Level 5*

alex

How exactly would this not be something for nothing?

• Level 5*

I also uninstalled Evernote on laptop, tablet, and android phone, reinstalled and updated.  NO EFFECT.  It continues to say that I've got a Basic account even when Playstore confirms/reflects my subscription to Premium (renewed Feb.'15) and my credit card statement agrees. 

You can do two things that should help get your issue resolved:

1. Submit a Support Ticket, and choose "Report Payment or Billing Issue"
    1. Post the Ticket# here you receive from the auto-response email, and we'll try to get some Evernote attention on your ticket
  2. Tweet your issue to @evernotehelps

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post your request on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

It is not asking for something for nothing. I am suggesting trading one thing of value, 99,000 potential notes for example, for another; a few uploads a month. Unless you believe the number of notes or books or tags are all worthless and the only thing of value is email upload, my suggestion is not asking for something for nothing.

• Level 5*

Due respect,  but given that Evernote would have to commit some time and effort finding ways to allow low-volume use and prevent anyone taking too much advantage,  code the results and relaunch the different client to 150M users across dozens of different platforms,  any change is a pretty colossal investment,  and one for which in this case they will see no return...

Speaking of investment (and perhaps we should have seen this coming) Evernote had previously pulled out all the stops in promoting the mail-to-Evernote feature, including dozens of their blog post tips and tricks. One could argue that people were baited, and then hit with the ultimatum to upgrade or lose this feature... but isn't that their prerogative, seeing that they put forth the investment to advertise/ promote it? Didn't Evernote itself create way more of a demand by doing so? Kudos to them. 

@CaroleW--found your ticket and have escalated it--we'll sort it out quickly.

@me&collie--you should have been upgraded this morning--apologies on the delay you saw between upgrades. 

Oh wow! I guess I am no longer on the fence about onenote vs. evernote. I can still email to onenote which is a great convenience for both tools. Maybe Microsoft will buy them and I will have the best of both worlds.

update:

======

The twitterverse pointed me to a work around, iff you have a gmail account:

http://lifehacker.com/get-evernotes-email-to-evernote-feature-back-for-free-w-1720605495?utm_campaign=socialflow_lifehacker_twitter&utm_source=lifehacker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow 

I am happy to report that my pre-paid Premium account was restored through a complicated work around done by the Evernote Customer Support (Matt W - thanks!).  I'm still not sure that I understand what happened but it involved a glitch in renewal of my Premium subscription done through PlayStore and a redemption of Evernote points related to a Samsung device purchase.  Lesson:  Renew subscription directly through Evernote, monitor awarded and redeemed Evernote points, and attend to Evernote problems only on weekdays!  I did suggest that Customer Support be available on weekends.

For a forum user who asked last week if I had filed a ticket, the answer is Yes, along with submitting Activity Report to aid in diagnosis.  Now, I know not to expect any answer (to problems reported on weekends) until Mondays.

My email limit is zero since I haven't upgraded and, right now, I don't intend to. I have used EN for a few years, thought it was great but this change to make me pay for uploading email is making me wonder.  Wonder whether I am being treated like a power user always pushing the envelope of the limits, when I am nothing of the sort.  I  can have 100,000 notes - I have less than 200. I can have 250 notebooks - I have 20.  I can have 100 tags per note - max I  can remember using is 4.  I can have 10,000 tags - I have less than 100.  I'm not a business, so there is no company account, I don't share with anyone and no one shares with me. The only thing moved from Free to Pay was email upload, something I have used maybe 20 times, but without it I feel frustrated at best, cheated at worst. I am not a big user and, let me say now, I am not looking for something for nothing, what I expect is a fair deal, something that recognizes a very light user and, surely there are others like me. 

alex

Same here, 

I was on a holiday, got this to, was amazed about the strange feeling I got, after using evernote for years, as a free user, but very happy to have it as a inbox for useful notes. 60 Mb was enough, but not emailing more than 5 emails... that does it.. I also used Pocket for years, will be reverting back to that. That even syncs to my Kobo Glo HD eReader, which evernote does not support. 

Evernote, you cannot just ignore the 'normal' services you always gave us, and ask money for that. Something that was free should not be reverted back to as paid after years of use. Someway you lost the main point in services. Would  be glad to pay more as I need more space etc. But at this moment I do not. I did advice lots of people to use evernote, a great service. Well, not for now anymore, with relative use, 20$ is still a lot of money. Sorry, to hear this, I hope this will be pulled back to 30 'links' sent by email max. monthly. Like Alex says: 60MB is already a LIMIT.

EB

Would  be glad to pay more as I need more space etc. But at this moment I do not.

I hope this will be pulled back to 30 'links' sent by email max. monthly.

Evernote would be glad if you were glad to pay for a useful feature you've gotten mileage out of for years.

Yep... 30 free emails max per month would be really convenient, wouldn't it? 

Evernote, you cannot just ignore the 'normal' services you always gave us, and ask money for that.

Yes Evernote can

Every company have the rights to change their payplan. And what features they will have free

Same here, 

I was on a holiday, got this to, was amazed about the strange feeling I got, after using evernote for years, as a free user, but very happy to have it as a inbox for useful notes. 60 Mb was enough, but not emailing more than 5 emails... that does it.. I also used Pocket for years, will be reverting back to that. That even syncs to my Kobo Glo HD eReader, which evernote does not support. 

Evernote, you cannot just ignore the 'normal' services you always gave us, and ask money for that. Something that was free should not be reverted back to as paid after years of use. Someway you lost the main point in services. Would  be glad to pay more as I need more space etc. But at this moment I do not. I did advice lots of people to use evernote, a great service. Well, not for now anymore, with relative use, 20$ is still a lot of money. Sorry, to hear this, I hope this will be pulled back to 30 'links' sent by email max. monthly. Like Alex says: 60MB is already a LIMIT.

EB

Absa-freakin-lutely unbelievable.  Actually, this attitude is so over the top, I suspect the poster is really just a troll.  But in case EB truly feels this way...

First, I don't know why you, as a non-paying user, feel you can dictate what Evernote (or any other company) does or does not do, should or should not do. 

Second, I'm sure the loss of a non-paying customer is not something that the folks at Evernote will lose any sleep over.

Third...

People have become so accustomed to free software that they have developed a sense of entitlement. Why should they have to PAY for software???

Developers do not often write software wholly because they are being philanthropic and feel inclined to gift the world with a wonderful, useful, FREE piece of software. They do it because they want an income in order to pay their rent, buy groceries and shoes for their children. Most software that has much value has some sort of limitation, unless you pay. Sometimes it's a trial version. Sometimes it's a version with ads. And sometimes, it's a free version with limited features.

I do understand it's upsetting when a feature you have been using in one version requires you to upgrade to another version. But it happens ALL THE TIME. I have used ACDSee Photo Manager software for about 15 years. And every year or two, I have to pay for an upgrade b/c there are new features or else b/c the old version doesn't work under my new OS or...whatever.

But it is the developer's right to revoke some free features. In fact, any good dev has an obligation to their paying customers (and employees) to do their best to stay profitable. Why? Because the paying users have found value in the software and most times will want to continue to use it and have invested their $$$ in the app by supporting it financially. And of course, the employees want to have a regular income. Most of us do not want to devote a lot of time & energy into our jobs and then not get paid.

If the complainers will please note, no one (i repeat NO ONE) has stated you cannot or should not voice your opinion that you are upset by this decision. However, for those of you who show a sense of entitlement (draconian??? seriously???), I would simply say, if it's not worth a years worth of a paid version of Evernote to you, then it would appear that feature really wasn't that useful to you. If money is tight, there are creative ways such as asking family & friends to gift you with a subscription for birthdays, anniversaries or Christmas. Or referring friends in order to get points.

And in closing, good luck with finding an app that better suits your needs.

BurgersNfries, 

You completely miss the point of the previous poster.

As we are both not Power users and not completely adding our lives in Evernote, it is a big step in Paying 20 USD yearly, for casual notes. 

I also use the email link only 2-6 times a month.

For me, last 5 years of casual notes adding would be 100 USD. 

I find that a lot of money.

Believe me, I find Evernote a very good solution, but this step is too big for casual use.

I do not mind paying for software at all, in fact I do support it, as every developer needs to have support. Read the post of Alex Hastle. He has a strong point. Evernote can grow by adding services; ripping functionality which users have for years is most often not the best way.. Certanly Microsoft attitude alike..  Read it on the web, I am not the only one who is concerned about this attitude.. :-O

We have been reading about this.
 This is some of the threads

I understand that taking away the features "mail to Evernote" can be a big issue.

Here are some threads on the same subject! No need to answer in any of the threads . ;)
Are you all fine with the change of the email-to-Evernote...
Getting: Emailed note limit reached
Greed prevails, no more email, no more Evernote. Try GoodReader
Email to Evernote removed for free users
Emailing a note using my assigned user email
Emailing to your account is no longer free?
Evernote Name Change to: 'Banknote'
The Mail Conundrum : Pay or Abandon your NOTES!

Every company can change the features and payment plan, no need to have a long disclaimer for every change that might be later.
No-one like to use an app with pop-up and long texts about future maybes.

2015-08-10 16:45 CET
Added one more thread...

• Level 5*

With that low of usage, then a simple copy/paste should work very well:

1. Click on the "Forward" button in your email client
  2. Select ALL in the body.
  3. Press the EN global hotkey to create a new Note from the clipboard

(it's called "Paste to Evernote" in EN Mac)

4. Enter the Note Title

and you're done.

really not all that hard, nor time-consuming.

It took me far longer to describe the process than it does to execute it.

There may even be some cheap/free keyboard macro apps that will do this for you.

JMichael, thanks for that tip,

on my Mac that would be fine, but most often sending from your iPhone just an email with an attachment (excel/pdf/etc) users are left behind when making slight use of this. (or I do not know a good workaround for this) 

How to get an attachment in Evernote from an email on a iPhone then? 

• Level 5*

JMichael, thanks for that tip,

on my Mac that would be fine, but most often sending from your iPhone just an email with an attachment (excel/pdf/etc) users are left behind when making slight use of this. (or I do not know a good workaround for this) 

How to get an attachment in Evernote from an iPhone then? 

Since you are only dealing with this a few times a month, the following should work on the iPhone:

• Instead of forwarding the mail, move it to a dedicated mail folder named "For Evernote" or something
  • OR, you could just tap the flag on the mail.
  • Then when you are back home, use your Mac to process the emails in the folder or that have been flagged.

To send an attachment from mail to Evernote:

1. Open the mail msg
  2. Tap and hold on the attachment icon until you get the sharing icon
  3. Tap on "Open in Evernote"

Thanks. 

Just also found out that by pushing on attachment in email on iPhone it can be saved to Evernote also on the Iphone.. :-) 

That does the trick. Can also choose which Notebook, so even works better than sending email for me.

:)

BurgersNfries, 

You completely miss the point of the previous poster.

As we are both not Power users and not completely adding our lives in Evernote, it is a big step in Paying 20 USD yearly, for casual notes. 

For me, last 5 years of casual notes adding would be 100 USD. 

I find that a lot of money.

Believe me, I find Evernote a very good solution, but this step is too big for casual use.

I do not mind paying for software at all, in fact I do support it, as every developer needs to have support. Read the post of Alex Hastle. He has a strong point. Evernote can grow by adding services; ripping functionality which users have for years is most often not the best way.. Certanly Microsoft attitude alike..  Read it on the web, I am not the only one who is concerned about this attitude.. :-O

No, I'm not missing the point. You have had access to something you used 2-6 times a month, for five years and feel like it's your God given right to have access to that feature, for free, until the end of time.

ripping functionality which users have for years is most often not the best way.. Certanly Microsoft attitude alike.. Read it on the web, I am not the only one who is concerned about this attitude.. :-O

Clearly, their past endeavors have not apparently worked to make the company sustainable. Your attitude of entitlement shows you'd rather not pay a single cent for something that is useful enough to you that you felt the need to come here & complain, even if it means the failure of Evernote as a company & therefore a loss to all the other users, including the ones who have paid. 

• Level 5*

Thanks. 

Just also found out that by pushing on attachment in email on iPhone it can be saved to Evernote also on the Iphone.. :-) 

That does the trick. Can also choose which Notebook, so even works better than sending email for me.

:)

Great!  So it seems that your initial issue of loss of email-to-account has led to an even better solution for you!

Let me highlight that!

May I suggest the next time you have an issue like you did here, that you approach people asking for help, for solutions, for workarounds, rather than ranting at them.   :D   We are generally a pretty helpful  bunch around here.  We respond well to requests for help, but not so much to rants.

• 2 weeks later...

It annoys me to no end when people complain about something changing.

Evernote has a set of "publicly desired features" some are being GIVEN away, others are charged for.

It is evernotes discretion to change what it gives away and what it charges for. 

How many of you abandoned windows for macintosh when MSN messenger was no longer supported.

Rather than being thankful for what you've enjoyed for so long for free, you whine about things being taken from you.

Evernote has deemed this part of a business decision that will help build their company (even if you freeloaders leave). zero minus zero equals...... you get my point..

Do you stop using youtube when youtube throws ads in your face? want ads thrown in your face on evernote? NOPE.. then shut up and buck up the $20

I will be in the morning,, gladly,, was a premium user before,, will be again... 

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. I was a Basic member for awhile. I liked the email feature for it's convenience. When i realized that I would need to go to a paid plan to keep that convenience..I simply did so! I do not think EN was being underhanded or sneaky. The limited email feature in Basic is no different than getting software for free but with certain features disabled. By paying to upgrade, all features are unlocked! It's an accepted way of getting you to try the product, and then pay for features you need. EN is not keeping you from remaining a Basic member, just requiring you to pay for the privilege of using the email feature after your initial 5 emails by going to a paid membership. If you don't need the email feature..feel free to keep the Basic membership at no cost!

Cheers,

Unkei

• 4 months later...

I've sent myself a few emails just to test the feature.  It seems my tests used up my total allotment.  Today, I spent about a half hour forwarding about two dozen emails to myself that I had flagged.  I wanted to get all my stuff in one location.

After forwarding them, and deflagging them all, I got that response.

Limits have time periods, but this note made no reference to that.  Did the message men a limit of five  for the month?  Lifetime?  Today? Very unclear!

My internet search led me to this discussion. Now I know it's a lifetime cap for those with free accounts.  I don't like that, but I understand it.

In addition to finding that it did not do quite what I expected/wanted, the response was unclear and annoyingly late after I'd already put work into this.  I can workaround this by cutting and pasting from each email in my sent box to my address.  I wish I had received a note after sending one, and it was clear.  When a system designed to help me organize my life creates double work.....I am not a happy camper at the moment.

• 3 months later...

Evernote peeps - please take note...

From what I can gather, basic users can no longer use the email to Evernote function at all? Is that correct?

If it is, that's fine, but I shouldn't get an email saying that I have a 5 email limit, which has been reached, when I send my first ever email.

If there really is a 5 email limit, then I still shouldn't be getting an email saying that I have a 5 email limit, which has been reached, when I send my first ever email.

Please either solve the mystery why I can't email to Evernote within my 5 email limit, or change the automated response. (unless the limit is a lifetime limit, and at some point in my years of using Evernote, I have sent 5 emails... but I can't remember doing)

Evernote basic is great, and if there was a feature I felt I needed in plus or premium, I would happily pay. Evernote is basically life changing... however, basic does me just fine... BUT this doesn't change the fact that the automated email I just received, is incorrect, and needs attention, or at the very least, re-wording to make it clear that this is a lifetime limit.

Otherwise, a happy EN user...

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 13.33.05.png

Archived