Upgrade problem

My Evernote has stopped accepting email additions

It says I need to upgrade to a paid service to continue to be able to save things.

I went ahead and upgraded.... But then was told the upgrade doesnt work on ipads.

So I cancelled the order...

But now can't file things in my Evernote

How can I upgrade on iPad so I can continue to save and store things.

I'm desperate.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Upgrades will work on any device,  but if you have cancelled an order maybe your upgrade will not happen.  What account type do you currently see?  If it is Plus or Premium you will be able to send information to your Evernote account using your Evernote email address.  If it is basic you'll need to try the upgrade again.

• Level 5*

How can I upgrade on iPad so I can continue to save and store things.

It is best to do the upgrade using a web browser on the Evernote.com site.

There have been many issues reported trying to do in-app upgrades on iOS devices.

Ok I went ahead and paid to upgrade,

This is the message I got .

"Sorry, Evernote Web is not supported on iPad browsers

But we have an app for iPad! Download it her

Visit our Products page to explore Evernote's other iPad apps."

Now what do I do?

I have Evernote installed on my. Ipad.

I've been using it until now ....when it says I can't add anything more until I upgrade.

• Level 5*

Well, the response you got is very confusing.

But it seems to suggest that your upgrade has been accepted.

So, you might try this:

1. Sign out of Evernote app on your iPad
  2. Kill the running Evernote app
  3. Restart your iPad
  4. Start Evernote app, and sign in.

Hopefully, it will now recognize that your have a Premium account.

If not, post back here, and also post a complaint on Twitter.

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you can post on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

When you go to evernote.com via a web browser and choose "Sign In", in most cases you get logged into the Evernote web client so that you can access your notes and notebooks stored in your Evernote account. However, we don't support the web client for iPad or iPhone, hence the error message that tells you to download the Evernote app from the iOS App Store. 

If you're just trying to upgrade via your iPad, and you don't want to upgrade using iTunes in-app purchase on the iOS Evernote client, you can still upgrade via the evernote.com homepage. From the menu in the upper-right, choose "Pricing" if you want to compare the different subscription plans, or "Plus" or "Premium" if you already know which plan you want. 

• Level 5*

When you go to evernote.com via a web browser and choose "Sign In", in most cases you get logged into the Evernote web client so that you can access your notes and notebooks stored in your Evernote account. However, we don't support the web client for iPad or iPhone, hence the error message that tells you to download the Evernote app from the iOS App Store. 

If you were clever, you would redirect the users to the Account Summary page when they log in via the web on a iOS device.

Also, you could add a link in the EN iOS app on on the Home screen to go to Account Summary in the Browser.

Archived