Evernote had deleted default notebook

That was my default notebook. No messages, no warnings - all notes moved to trash. Vouala!

I know I could not remove it by myself accidentally because I use Evernote for several years and even got a Premium. What will be deleted next time?!

• Level 5*

This is indeed very strange behavior, one that I have not experienced, nor have I seen it reported elsewhere.

What versions of OS and Evernote are you running?

It is easy to accidently delete a Note, or a selection of Note, just by hitting the DELETE key on your Mac.

But to delete a NB, you have to right-click on it, and select "Delete".

Evernote: Version 6.0.16 (451861 Direct)

OS X: 10.10.4

I know this is strange, I suppose a syncronization bug or something like that, so the error might be concerned with other clients (Windows and Android).

• Level 5*

This is a long shot, but sometimes strange behavior/issues can be corrected with a simple app reinstall.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

If this mysterious NB deletion happens again, then you may want to

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 5 months later...
On January 13, 2016 at 7:02 AM, C_Morri said:

This just happened to me to!!! out of nowhere my defaut notebook is gone! its gone in the cloud. What causes this???

Please submit a support request at https://evernote.com/contact/support/ticket/ and include the name of the notebook and activity log from your Mac so our Customer Support Team can help investigate this. 

Thanks!

Archived