Printing changes attachment names to "Generic File"

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with printing out the names of the attachments in a note.

I am trying to use Evernote to keep track of my scripts and the output files for some file parsing that I'm doing. For that, it is important for me to keep the script and the exact version that I used for a particular task, so I attach the scripts. The files are usually types of text files. I want to print to have a paper record of some of the notes; I don't need to print out the contents of the attachment in the middle of the note, but it is important to have the name of the note. 

Below is an example of what it looks like on Evernote:

post-263871-0-58514600-1437080100_thumb.

And here is an example of what happens when I try to print the note or when I try to save it to a pdf:

Example.pdf

Can anyone help rename the attachment so that the save to pdf function 'sees' the name? Simply renaming the attachment doesn't work, and I don't want to go through each page by hand and modify the name. 

Thank you for any suggestions!

• Level 5*

Short-term the only workaround I can suggest is that you copy file names and paste as plain text as part of your document whenever you print. 

It's certainly worth a bug report back to Evernote - you won't necessarily get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) fix it in a future release...

Submit a bug/ lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

- or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

• Level 5

<snip> do people not print things very often <snip> 

I have 30,000 Evernote notes.  I might have printed directly from Evernote, perhaps, a total of 10 notes over the past 6 years.

If I really need to print something, my preferred method is to copy and paste to my word processor.

The vast majority of information transfer I do is done with the "Copy Share URL" option to other colleagues via their email addresses.

Archived