Critical Feature Missing From New Interface - Pop Out Note to Separate Window

nmillaz

Idea

I know others have mentioned this, but I am posting this to see if there's any progress on restoring this feature. In previous versions, I used popped out notes to allow me to take notes during a webinar or to keep my to do list handy, etc. I know others used this feature as well. I don't want to have multiple separate instances of Evernote open in separate window just so I can have one note available. 

Evernote Developers: when do you think you might address this gap in your new version?

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Are you talking about double clicking a note or Note - Open in a New Window (Ctrl - enter)?  Those still work far as I can tell. 

I don't remember any time EN supported multiple instances on one machine.

• Level 5*

Are you using the new web version?  If I use Firefox with the old version I can open EN in multiple tabs or I can right click on a note and take the Open Note in a Separate Window option.  FWIW.

Yes, that's the point. The old Web version works that way. The new Beta version does not, as far as I can tell. I'm hoping to convince the developers that it is a worthwhile feature to bring back to life.

Just adding that I would really like this feature to come back too. I've been stuck in old Evernote web for this very reason.  I use multiple windows/pop out of Evernote at once because I like to pull up a reference document in one note, snap that to the side of my screen and then use another blank notes to take notes.  I will not / cannot use the new Evernote until this feature exists.

Archived