Editing Existing Notes Reuses Data

So I was forced to switch to Evernote after Springpad went under and since I only use notes to inventorize products (and Evernote DOESN'T have the scan feature I very much liked from Springpad) I use the basic/free package.

I did search prior to posting and didn't find anything recent concerning this topic.

I found this topic but the second poster claims it isn't true: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/62133-edit-title-missing-in-clipper-means-double-the-data-use-per-note/

Well...it is true....and I took screenshots to prove it.

Every time I edit an old note be it the title, image, etc it uses my monthly data allowance.

I don't understand why this is the case because in most instances I am actually making the images smaller to facilitate faster note loading on my phone.

Am I missing something?

Why is my data being used when in fact it should be subtracting or at least stay the same.

So I was forced to switch to Evernote after Springpad went under and since I only use notes to inventorize products (and Evernote DOESN'T have the scan feature I very much liked from Springpad) I use the basic/free package.

I did search prior to posting and didn't find anything recent concerning this topic.

I found this topic but the second poster claims it isn't true: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/62133-edit-title-missing-in-clipper-means-double-the-data-use-per-note/

Well...it is true....and I took screenshots to prove it.

Every time I edit an old note be it the title, image, etc it uses my monthly data allowance.

I don't understand why this is the case because in most instances I am actually making the images smaller to facilitate faster note loading on my phone.

Am I missing something?

Why is my data being used when in fact it should be subtracting or at least stay the same.

Evernote's limit is not how much storage you are using. Instead, it's an UPLOAD limit. And yes, if you change a note, even making the note smaller, you will use more bandwidth uploading the modified note. Total storage space is unlimited.

Archived